What are you working on?

U1lGxOs.jpg

IMG_8428.jpeg
My current project / summer daily. At the Roadster Rally on the boardwalk in Ocean City NJ yesterday. So many Miatas but I had the only Eunos Roadster. People walk by, glance, then stop and backpedal to try to figure it out.

Show winner was a supercharged Auburn Speedster, it was quite amazing.

View attachment 27674
My current project / summer daily. At the Roadster Rally on the boardwalk in Ocean City NJ yesterday. So many Miatas but I had the only Eunos Roadster. People walk by, glance, then stop and backpedal to try to figure it out.

Show winner was a supercharged Auburn Speedster, it was quite amazing.
most muscle guys dont truely get and appreciate the miata platform..., but its so hop-up able, and capable it actualy fits the definition of muscle aside from being a vert....

the fact youve got the eunos IE RHD model makes me jelly...i want a RHD anything at this point....and am sitting on a JDM mk4 supra front clip......

dunno what happened with my juke post all the text didnt go thru

so heres the rub n skinny

friend got an 08 smart to make life cheeper....wife remembered she liked them and test drove em new, friends getting 42-48mpg back n forth to seattle as well as beating on it around town
found one on copart for 1k, snatched it, but knew it needed love..but paddle shift leather FULLY LOADED even a sky top
full 8 hour round trip to go get it
couple days later im working a deal on a parts car..which turned into a runner and a parts car for 2k..FB had prompted me for this juke..turned out it was at a wrecker...ON THE WAY....o.0 wife instantly said you have to bring that home....100$ juke box that pretty is hard to argue with especialy when the wife wants it

its a 71-73 whirlitzure 3700 americana...200 selection 100 records, even the coin box and coin mechs are intact...its got some "power" and cycling issues but NOTHING is missing or broken aside from the motor mounts for the turn table..its currently stuck "playing" and yes it makes sound...but the needle sounds trashed ..its got 73k plays on it

#1 issue with these rigs is triacs...which are on the way and dirt cheep, ive an original manual also on its way

as for the smarts, wifes been doing redcross blood runs 200-400 miles 1way!!!!!! but the pays GREAT so being able to hack the MPG to being double.....yeah only makers sense..ill drop pics later but....dont laugh too much these lil cars are missunderstood..and damnit have me giggling they are fun lil bastards once you understand the shifting quirks and figure out how to make em work.....the shocking part is how much space is in em..7ft dude could fit and still not head rub..lower the seat off the GIANT pedistals and id wager even a "thic" 7ft guy could fit comfortably

the 2014 i grabbed as a parts car ive been HAMMERING on and its just grins n giggles

I’m working on my sanity.

Kitchen remodel (money that was gonna go to the Charger) is testing my sense of humour.

We figured that changing the cabinets was a waste of time because we can’t really change the physical layout. So, we went the “new doors and paint the cabinets” route.
I wanted to do it myself, but Mrs DCF saw a guy on the local TV morning show.
Seeemed reasonably priced and I don’t have to do the work.

Well, he took weeks (with a 2 week pause while we were away) and left us with garbage.
Ruined the doors. Oversanded the cabinets. Painted the walls and ceiling without proper cleanup. So, painted dust into the walls.

There’s lots more to it. So many screwups.
We fired him.

Got a new guy. Good guy but lots of ideas of what we should do. Good ideas, but a bit more than we want to do in a few cases. We didn’t want to blow out the wall into the dining room.
We agreed on some and I think we’ll be happy.

Demo was fun.
Found water damage in the corner. Sheathing rotted away and we could see brick from inside the house.
Luckily, there’s a good fix that’s to code. I think because it’s a double brick wall. It can just be parged to seal everything up.
IMG_4615.jpeg

It’s all buttoned up now. Drywall goes up tomorrow.
IMG_4636.jpeg

That floor is going away after the drywall and paint is done.

We had a bit of a nightmare finding cabinets.
With the location of the window and the width of that back wall, standard sized cabinets won’t fit right.
So, custom it has to be. I kinda like that though. We’ll get better quality stuff than the ready-made “custom” stuff.

I’ll attach some more pics as thumbnails from the earlier stages in the next post.

i grew up on const as slave labor...ill tell you right now its ALWAYS better to gut a kitchen and start over unless you genuinely have something like oak cabinets that can be re-worked...or you love the layout

as far as blowing walls out..well...thats the thing these days, personaly by that 1 picture all i see is a kitchen that would "feel" bigger while shringking in useable space by blowing a wall out

on a side note if youve thought about it considered it slightly etc, add outlets..and plub a water line for the fridge if you havnt allready

With the location of the window and the width of that back wall
We've got a similar problem here. The house is full of windows that make it impossible to chop huge rooms up into smaller rooms. IIRC there is one 12' window and one 16' window across the front of the house. So much wasted space.

It's a brick house so taking the windows out isn't as simple as it could be unless we cover the brick or put patchworked siding on. I refuse to do anything to the brick - that's why I bought a brick house to begin with.

i grew up on const as slave labor...ill tell you right now its ALWAYS better to gut a kitchen and start over unless you genuinely have something like oak cabinets that can be re-worked...or you love the layout

as far as blowing walls out..well...thats the thing these days, personaly by that 1 picture all i see is a kitchen that would "feel" bigger while shringking in useable space by blowing a wall out

on a side note if youve thought about it considered it slightly etc, add outlets..and plub a water line for the fridge if you havnt allready
Yep. We figured we were saving money by refacing.
We would have had I done it myself.

And yeah, blowing the wall out would give us a peninsula with lower cabinets, but we’d lose some uppers.

Yep, we’ve got some extra outlets in and we had water for the old fridge and it’s still in a good spot for the new one.

I can't honestly say I was working on these jobs but I did lend my mason friend a hand now & then!
All I wanted to do was replaster some crumbling plaster over the 100 year old bricks, wellllllllllllll I ended up refacing the whole thing with stone & new steps! 20241006_165549.jpg20241006_165600.jpg20241006_165610.jpgNow I do everything ass backwards, a week before he came I had my dead lawn aerated & seeded, well he was working all over it, not sure what I will get now?
So after picking up rocks & stone for 2 days out of the lawn I was sitting on my nice new stoop watering the, well what I hope will be a lawn again & a pickup pulls up & asks if I want my driveway sealed, normally I'd just say no thanks to these guys, but damn this is a job I have been putting off for too many years, it really needed it & I really don't want to do it!
So I walk around with him, get the final if you do it today price & say do it!
Watched them work, seemed to be doing a good job & all went well.
Sit down to pay the guy & asked for a receipt , got him some paper & he starts to write, well print that is, writes I michael, very crooked, goes to his phone & starts putting it in there, said to me he has trouble getting the words in order, was going to put it in the phone & then copy it to the paper, finally asked if he could text it to me & I said fine.
At that point I was glad I used Him, was fairly young & at least seemed to be hustling to try & earn a living, gotta be hard if you can't write!
Maybe a few light spots, but compared to the gray rock showing driveway I had it looks great & might actually last me a few more years! 20241006_165505.jpg20241006_165628.jpg

So today I used up some more good workin weather to clean the back of my fence, another job I was putting off a while.
Was pretty nasty where the sun hit it, didn't bother behind the towns little jungle, wasn't bad back there. 20241007_131930.jpg20241007_133956.jpg

Well I'm done with what could be did, he he he .
mowed, cleaned up the first of the leaves & organized a little in the "shop"
Now mother nature will rain a big mess on me soon! 20241008_153334.jpgThe big cart in the middle is marks, that will be here a while, till he rents or buys a house, hope I live that long? 20241008_153314.jpg

Paint. Still needs a second coat on the walls.
IMG_4658.jpeg

And the scope has creeped into the tv room.
The wainscoting is coming off and the walls are getting painted the same colour as the kitchen. The trim is getting changed. Doors getting updated. New railing.
IMG_4685.jpeg

IMG_4684.jpeg

And I got the the New Yorker out for a dirty season maiden voyage.
That van has the best candy,
IMG_4692.jpeg

IMG_4695.jpeg

It was probably the last drive of the season as well.
It needs a good cleaning. I’d like to wash the car cover.
And the brake pedal is hard. It works, but it’s not strong.
But that’s not a lot of issues for sitting for the better part of two years.

The mushroom theory on projects, they grow & grow & grow!

Mine got a lot smaller, getting bored, been working on a small train setup in the garage for the grand kids.
Now it's a christmas present from some where in the past that I looked at at the time & packed it away for when I needed to kill time.
Hit a little here & there, 3 days now & still a gazillion pieces to go, defiantly NOT a model for kids, it's trying my patience.
At least it's starting to look like a jeep! 20241012_161137.jpg
Looking at the size it's hard for me to envision where all these pieces will go! 20241012_161216.jpg

AKA mission creep.
Me I did a LOF and trans fluid spill n’ fill on my nephew’s 2019 Impreza. Nice that there’s a drain plug on the pan. Like most auto trans you check fluid level when running. No dipstick so you have to pull the fill plug while you’re under a running car. And spec says oil temperature has to be between 95 and 105 degrees. No way to fill other than using a pump.

Oher than the 'Cudas I have no done fluids on any of my cars or work trucks since I was a kid.
the mess then getting rid of the old fluids it just wasn't worth the hassle.
I DID put new tranny pans on both 'Cudas with drain plugs!

Running out of things to keep me busy, finished off a basic layout for the grandkids in the garage, made this mostly out of a yard sale purchase my son picked up for me. My Dads collection is still tucked away in the attic.20241015_164740.jpg20241015_164750.jpgHey Bob, there's those copper rolls down in the bottom shelf.

Before we finally convinced my Mom to come live with us I had a "Train room"
Had Dad's collection & some additional stuff I added, still could only put out 10% of what He had in his basement, bout 5 times the size of my room. B units 013.JPGfreight swap 001.JPGmain street 014.JPGmain street 015.JPGnorfork 014.JPGplat time 2 005.JPGsome life 001.JPGIf my son ever gets his room emptied out I may yet have a slightly bigger room to start again, if I live that long!

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back