Rusty's not very quiet cuda progress

Pick up's in for service, when it comes back I'm gonna finally do a junk run & get rid of all the metal scrap, tired of looking at the mess.
Rack & all is gonna be outta here! 20240619_150539.jpg

Definitely interested in the front speaker harness, radiator shroud, AC brackets & lock rods. I have way more sets of wheels than I do cars, so I'll pass on those.

OK, dum dum asks what are these, if anyone can use em free, but it's heavy & I would ask you cover the shipping.View attachment 27982
I'm not sure what those are. Got a shot with the tools flipped over?

Pick up's in for service, when it comes back I'm gonna finally do a junk run & get rid of all the metal scrap, tired of looking at the mess.
Rack & all is gonna be outta here! View attachment 27984
If you're gonna fling the jackstands, let me know! Also, what's the story with the AC pump? Locked or does it turn, and if the latter, does it turn over smoothly? That might be worth the shipping cost to me.

Let me see what I've got for the RH lower dash bezels. I may have those, but I can't say for sure. I have a spare from a 1970 Challenger, but that's one-year-only (most of the '70 Challenger dash is unique) and doesn't work with the later parts. Still, I may have extra parts among the menagerie of stuff I got last summer. I'll try and check tonight, but it may not happen until later in the week because it might be over at the storage lockers. Weather isn't promising (I'm on foot, remember) and I've got to go set up the audio for a big party on Saturday... not sure when she'll call me for that.

Jass, 4 parts tagged for you, I will check the A/C compressor to see how it turns, when I got the car the wire to it was gone, so it was never even tried?
Jack stands will stay.

No rush on the bezel, I won't buy till I hear from you!

I'll lay out those tools next time out.

Bob, I do have a pretty large c clamp elsewhere I'll get a pick of that to add in.

Crap I was going to lay a ruler across & I forgot!

I do have the clamp with the hole & another with a flat base, that clamp will triple the shipping! 20240619_193340.jpg20240619_193458.jpgThe only ones that fit are the chrome lookin ones & they don't go in from the other side, the smallest one is beat up enough not to slide in either?

OK, compressor turns pretty freely & I wouldn't swear to this but it almost felt like it was actually making compression, a little resistance now & then? (it was smooth)

That thing weighs a ton!

Crap I was going to lay a ruler across & I forgot!

I do have the clamp with the hole & another with a flat base, that clamp will triple the shipping! View attachment 27986View attachment 27987The only ones that fit are the chrome lookin ones & they don't go in from the other side, the smallest one is beat up enough not to slide in either?
The one with the hole looks to be part of the kit, the other one not so much but that handle built into it would be useful. The clamp with the hole in it is good for changing u-joints. I had mine out today, that's why it was familiar to me.

I had my U-joints done, I'm still finding roller pins from the old ones laying around.
I think over the 2 'Cudas I've used those clamps a few times to get things apart, but never even looked at what was in the box.
Just proves it wasn't an HVAC tool so I have no idea on the uses.

Just through away an old electronic leak detector, which never found a leek, but was with me for like 45 years & maybe tried a few times the first year I got it, while it bleeped all over the place except where the leak was!
& an electronic temp sensor with two probes, at least that did work.
Haven't tossed this yet, now this was when I did oil service way way back, I stopped that back in the 80's
But it looked so nice, maybe next year?
something for checking draft on a chimney if I remember correctly? 20240619_144157.jpg

There's still a lot of oil heat out there, maybe I'll stick it on ebay & see if I can get a few bucks better than straight in the trash can!

Started up the A/c in the garage, looks like at least a week of this hot weather, did I mention I hate heat!

Gonna test that sender & if good put that in!

2nd Lock ring & gasket came, again overnight, I guess I wait for the credit card bill, I didn't ask for that?
Well at least it was good service, est. delivery was next week?

There's still a lot of oil heat out there, maybe I'll stick it on ebay & see if I can get a few bucks better than straight in the trash can!
I have oil heat in my garage. The problem is, I have no idea what that thing does or how to use it.

Gonna test that sender & if good put that in!
I would've brought my multimeter to the parts store and tested it right on the counter... just to save a potential trip back.

OK, compressor turns pretty freely & I wouldn't swear to this but it almost felt like it was actually making compression, a little resistance now & then? (it was smooth)

That thing weighs a ton!
Yes, you'll feel compression while turning. It's not a ton, but you'll feel it.

Heavy as it is, figure out what it'll cost to get it here. I'll happily reimburse you for the cost of shipping on that and anything/everything else... but the compressor's gotta be well-packed in its own box. You'd cry if you could see what UPS does to those over the course of 1,000 miles.

OK, my son does a lot of shipping, I'll see what we can come up with, maybe build a mini crate for it?
Bubble wrap won't do on something that heavy.

No stock in my store I had it shipped, but I would think I can return it in my store?

OK, my son does a lot of shipping, I'll see what we can come up with, maybe build a mini crate for it?
Bubble wrap won't do on something that heavy.

No stock in my store I had it shipped, but I would think I can return it in my store?
If you bought it at an AutoZone, you can return it at any AutoZone. The same goes for Advance and O'Reilly.

We have a winner, bench tested good, installed & it looks like it will be pretty close, went up just below 1/2 tank & the gas was a finger tip or so below the hole, around the half tank lip that goes around the tank.

Thanks Jass, you gave me some stuff to do in the A/C. Started working on a crate of sorts for the compressor that will take me a while & then finding a box big enough for the rad. shroud, at least I can stay cool for a day or 3!

probabluy throw that extra ring & gasket in for good measure!

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back