What are you listening to right now?

Hi everyone, been awhile. Hope things have been going well. Here is something to check out. www.radio.garden it's satellite radio from around the world. Hard rock radio from Dallas Tx. and Hard rock hell radio from London England are really good. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas Stay safe.

Holy shit, Jass! a real band! Loving it, the little dude sounds awesome. Needs to do some covers of Zep.

Hey Yokmoni, the Punisher avatar is cool as hell!

[video=youtube;qsHf13JMQF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsHf13JMQF4[/video]

"Flower Power" - What the hell? Straight outta the 70's, screaming right along. Exactly what I've been waiting for. Thanks, master Jass!

Jester??? Holy phock. How the hell you doing? I thought an 80 year old jealous husband would have killed you by now. you still on the hide trail like you were?

Hi everyone, been awhile. Hope things have been going well. Here is something to check out. www.radio.garden it's satellite radio from around the world. Hard rock radio from Dallas Tx. and Hard rock hell radio from London England are really good. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas Stay safe.
Hey there!

Jester??? Holy phock. How the hell you doing? I thought an 80 year old jealous husband would have killed you by now. you still on the hide trail like you were?

6pak [smilie=:: hope the Christmas season finds you healthy and happy.

I'm doing well and it is true, Jester is happily married (so far).

I've been listening to lots of music of late, rediscovering (and in some cases discovering for the first time) bands that were around in my youth. Some of my old favorites have released new music in the last few years, and some of this stuff I remember but didn't pay enough notice at the time. I'm not sure what the catalyst was, but I've been enjoying the heck out of it.

These guys appeared just in time to be lost under ten thousand tons of grunge. Their second album was an attempt at fitting into that scene, sounding like a dollar-store Alice in Chains... but their first album was one of the best "hair metal" albums of the early '90s.

Today's lesson in record promotion.

America was led to believe that Vixen were the premiere all-female rock band at the time, which really wasn't saying much for girl bands. Few people ever heard of Phantom Blue, featuring better musicians playing better songs... and that's a shame. Phantom Blue was a legitimate hard-rock band, not corporate faces playing corporate songs.

I’ve been listening to a lot of online streaming sessions from friends of mine.
So mostly cover tunes. Some originals.

Nothing that I specifically choose to listen to, but it’s been pretty cool.

I was lazy and flipped on the radio to 89.5 The Drive.

Classic Drivin' tunes in the garage half the day 💃

I introduced Stretch to these gals a few weeks back after stumbling across them. They're sort of the Andrews Sisters from Hell, performing their (very good) almost-1940s-style parodies of usually, but not always, hard rock or metal songs: Rammstein, System of a Down, AC/DC, etc. They often parody teh video as well. Sadly, they're no longer performing but there are enough videos on their YouTube channel to really appreciate their talent. Most of their songs are nothing more than the three of them with piano accompaniment. Their version of Toto's Africa is not to be missed--it's amazing--but for a general idea we'll start with some Steel Panther. 😂

Your description made me think of Postmodern Jukebox. They’re an ensemble kind of group, with artists added and subtracted as needed.

Here‘s probably their most successful song, but there a bunch more that I think are even better.

I think I stumbled across PMJ once previously, but completely forgot about it... love the almost big-band feel of it, especially the brass.

Seriously, check out Lounge Kittens' version of Africa. It's beautiful--and I strongly dislike Toto's original.

Any bluegrass fans? Sturgill Simpson rearranged a bunch of his songs in the bluegrass style. How can you say no to a guy who wrote the song "Turtles all the way down"?

this one is trippy too

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back