Russo and Steele Carnage pics..

Fishy

Omnipotent Seaweasel
Some people over on the other Mopar site 'For A-Bodies Only' were in attendance at this auction. Luckily no one was hurt! Not for the faint of heart, some of these are kinda nasty! [smilie=f:

[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/tjmyers769/RussoAndSteele2010Damages#"]http://picasaweb.google.com/tjmyers7...le2010Damages#[/URL]

That's enough to make you cry.
Some big $$$ damage there. I can imagine what the poor insurance appraisers probably had to put up with.
That black 79-81 Trans Am looks like it survived a bomb blast!

General consensus among the guys from A Bodies Only is that the car owners will have to go through their own insurance companies as Russo and Steele's insurance may rule this as "An Act of God". That has yet to be settled but it seems to be what everyone is thinking. Sad really.... :(

I would be soooooooo pissed. Besides poles falling on them, the fire dept wouldnt let people in to put windows or tops up. Can you imagine, most of those cars had not seen a rain drop in years, now they need interior work as well as body work.

General consensus among the guys from A Bodies Only is that the car owners will have to go through their own insurance companies as Russo and Steele's insurance may rule this as "An Act of God". That has yet to be settled but it seems to be what everyone is thinking. Sad really.... :(
You know, if that were a permanent facility I could almost see that. But with all the tents, you would have to think something like that would happen sooner or later.
I would hire me some lawyers in $5000 suits and let have at em.
I'm just glad my car isn't "auction worthy".

I know when I worked at a dealership, we bought insurance when we had "sales events"
Those tents are pretty sturdy, but get real scary when the wind kicks up. To many opportunity's for someone to trip over guy wires, bump into poles ect.
I hope the screws get put to them.

This was posted on Moparts as well. Supposedly, some of the car owners had no insurance coverage on their cars, for whatever reason. I'd hate to be in thier shoes right about now. Usually anyone with classic coverage would have comprehensive coverage which would cover stuff like this.
I still feel ill looking at some of the damage to some really nice cars.

You haven't managed to get banned from Moparts yet?? :D Yeah a lot of the pics, even the NON Mopar ones are hard to look at. So much history, money and just cool rides all lost!

from a body man and repair standpoint...90% of those looked like no big deal to me..whats a lil dent and some glass...

still a shame

bro..did you get a long look at that pete?!?!?!?!!

and what was the purple 60's mopar lookin sled?

That Shuvelle was showing a bit more than the seller wanted, I'm sure.

They should have continued with the phone and intrunet bidders. :)

from a body man and repair standpoint...90% of those looked like no big deal to me..whats a lil dent and some glass...

still a shame
I thought that too. Brilliant minds DO think alike, eh? :)
BUT, on some of those cars, I'm sure, the poor bodyman will not only have to deal with dents and scratches, but also the anal-retentive owner who thinks HE is the only one who has to go through the process.

The black Chrysler 300C with the bashed-in fender makes me cry. What a gorgeous machine.

You haven't managed to get banned from Moparts yet?? :D Yeah a lot of the pics, even the NON Mopar ones are hard to look at. So much history, money and just cool rides all lost!

Only banned once, for criticizing someone's ignorance on body repair. I should have known better. Ignorance is bliss to some folks there. :)
Have had a lot of posts edited tho'. Does that count?

i love how alot of the "odd" damaged ones look like they were just simply driven into or under things ..that 350Z screams "i drove under that truck!"..thers NO extra scratching or damage...and that laid back windowd camaro..ogh sorry e-bod..its so cleanly pushed back

i want to know what this is....
View attachment 11109
attachment.php

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back