Rollbar pics

firefighter3931

We were working on the 68 this w/e so here are some pics of the rollbar install. The bar was custom designed to be user friendly and unobtrusive while maintaining the factory interior amenities. The armrests and window cranks are still functional as are the back seat, which will be going back into the car once paint has been completed. Chris (69x9x9) is doing the body and paintwork [smilie=e: This bar is legal down to 10.0 seconds. Anything faster requires a full cage. Here are the pics:

[url]http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421580473/25.html[/url]
http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421580473/28.html
http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421580473/26.html
http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421580473/27.html
http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421580473/29.html
http://www.freepichosting.com/Albums/421580473/34.html

I included a pic of the side bar with the seat in place. The contour of the bar allows for easy access and retention of the factory armrests as well as window cranks.

The car also has subframe connecters welded in and the rollbar is welded into those. The lower control arms have been boxed as well. This is one rigid chassis that won't be flexing or wrinkling sheetmetal under hard launches. A dana 60 is also on order with 4.10's....don't want to risk fragging the 83/4 with the new combo.

Ron

was planning on some media blasting this a.m.,on that car,'til it decided to go and dump another pile of snow,,,I'll stay inside and sand some sheetmetal instead,,,

we got alot done saturday,removed trim,the dash,steering column,doors,everything under the hood and off of the firewall,,except the brake lines,couple weeks of prep,and I hope we'll have this thing painted and ready to install that Big E-headed 446 bullet,by month end [smilie=e:

Is that XLs charger? My god you gutted it. It will be sweet when you get it back together. [smilie=e:

moparmarcidaho said:
Is that XLs charger? My god you gutted it. It will be sweet when you get it back together. [smilie=e:[/quote]
Thats Firefighter Charger. Looks like some excellent progress.
The Cage is beautiful. [smilie=e:

Rob,I sold that Cuda, like 6 weeks ago to a guy in Memphis,Tn.,haven't heard from since he paid for it right away,,hmmmm..he was gonna' bring my '62 Fury up with him,and grab the cuda ?? looks like Ron and I may go get the '62 in CT.,.......anyhow,pluggin' away on Rons car,the only dent ,in the whole car,I got hammered out,and just cleaning up the wound.,I like to sand them down on the car first,before I pull them,and media blast the backsides and headlite area,when they are rust free and don't need any patchwork,(rare that happens on a '68)

not that it will happen, but that cage should save your pumpkin if the charger goes greasy side up & sunny side down.

that looks great ron. chris is doing a great job too. can't wait to see her finished

greg73cuda

Rollcage looks good as well as the charger [smilie=e: [smilie=e: [smilie=e: .
When I put mine in the 69 I used compation engineer and I didn’t have to change it much for everything to work out ok (fitting wise and using the window cranks) I just lowered the front bars to make getting in and out easy and extended the rear bars to the trunk. I did this just so the body would stop sagging, I had it jacked up in the middle before I welded the cage into place :D. I'm gonna give her monthly start up today so I'll try to take a picture of the trunk.

XRuland said:
Rollcage looks good as well as the charger [smilie=e: [smilie=e: [smilie=e: .
When I put mine in the 69 I used compation engineer and I didn’t have to change it much for everything to work out ok (fitting wise and using the window cranks) I just lowered the front bars to make getting in and out easy and extended the rear bars to the trunk. I did this just so the body would stop sagging, I had it jacked up in the middle before I welded the cage into place :D. I'm gonna give her monthly start up today so I'll try to take a picture of the trunk.[/quote]

I'd be curious to see some pics of the comp engineering bar....is it an 8pt ? Mine is a S&W racing "prostreet" setup and the front bars had to be custom bent....other than those mods it went in pretty easy according to the chassis guy. If ya get a chance post some pics.....thanks,

Ron

It is a 8 pointer, but I left out the 2 that connected on the drive train hump. Didn’t need it, because the cage was just to keep the chassis from sagging and this girl never saw the track. Used the extra tubes to make the dukes of hazzard style push bar :D.
Here are some pictures...

Put the front bar low to make getting in and out easy.
frountbarlf.JPG

ftbar.JPG

Its hard to tell from the picture, but there is enough room to operate the rear window crank.
windowcrank.JPG

Here the trunk

trunklt.JPG

trunkrt.JPG

Yeah I know she’s dirty right now :(.[/img]

XRuland said:
Go easy on me, on the way she looks lol, I built her when I was 17.

Nothing wrong with the way she looks....how can there be...it's a Charger with a rollbar ! [smilie=e:

Don't know if you've tied the frames, but it might be worth considering...just a thought. Nice car...impressive work for a 17 yo. All she needs is a good scrubdown....

Ron

hey ron. beers soon enough eh! how did you connect your frame. its been so long since i've been under a B i can't picture the frame. any pics

greg73cuda

oh yeah. i heard there's no autoramma at the civic centre this year. its been going down hill for years

greg73cuda

ps. i have a friend looking for a small block. anything?

greg73cuda

firefighter3931 said:
XRuland said:
Go easy on me, on the way she looks lol, I built her when I was 17.

Nothing wrong with the way she looks....how can there be...it's a Charger with a rollbar ! [smilie=e:

Don't know if you've tied the frames, but it might be worth considering...just a thought. Nice car...impressive work for a 17 yo. All she needs is a good scrubdown....

Ron[/quote]

I'm just used to getting ragged on little things, like the door color doesn't match the car ( put the doors are the only thing showing its original color lol) not gas pedal, cut the carpet to short in the front, no headlinner, some panels missing, wires hanging out etc. lol. I just wanted to get out there and wipe mustangs and cutlas's (spelling) and a few novas that where cursing around [smilie=a:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back