Roadkill Nights in Pontiac Michigan Aug 12, 2017

Not this year. I ran my Charger R/T in it last year and it was such a goat rope that I would never do it again, lol. As a spectator I bet it would be better!

The "tech" inspectors didn't know what they were doing. Parking was a nightmare. Racers were supposed to get in first so we could tech but car show people kept cutting in line.

Once we finally made it to the pit area on Woodward it took hours to make a single pass, while some cars got to make 6 or more passes. A car hit the wall so that took hours to clean up with no equipment. They put the waterbox a few feet from the starting line, so yeah, it was slippery as phuck.

I will never do a Roadkill event as a racer again, ha ha.

Yet they probably consider it a resounding success, because they're only looking at attendance. Those guys have big money behind them and should be able to do a proper event. That's really disappointing to hear.

LOL, I'm sure they did. From what I hear from a few of my drag race friends that were there, things weren't any better this year.

Sad really, I do like the Roadkill episodes but they've been totally bought out by Dodge.

Last edited:
I used to like Roadkill, but like everything else corporate sponsorship killed the soul of the show. Go back and watch the first five or so episodes, then watch the last five.

Don't even get me started on Engine Masters. Such blatant shilling for their advertisers, and I don't mean AMSOil. The flat-tappet v. hydraulic roller cam comparison was laughable: "These two cams are identical, except we gave the hydraulic roller cam an extra fifty-thousandths lift. Otherwise it would've made the same (or less) power, and people would realize what a rip-off hydraulic roller cams actually are! But the huge profit margin keeps that big advertiser money rolling in!"

YES!! Exactly. I know these guys need the sponsorships, but dammit, as you said, the soul is gone.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back