New guy from Seattle

rp23g7

Hey everyone, new guy here.

Not new to MoPars though. Had a 64 Custom 880, 65 Custom 880, 78 LeBaron, 67 factory 383 Satellite, 71 Scamp, 58 Belair (dont know what happened there) Just picked up a 69 Super Bee....................clone (there i said it)

The guy i got it from got laid off at Boeing, and couldnt afford the rest of the job.

It just needs the interior to be finished.

He must have been, or had a awsome prep and paint guy, there is not a ripple in the body, i took the sill plate and kick panel off to chase a instrument light issue, and the paint goes all the way under the carpet, which is glued down with the insulation.

There is fresh primer behind the insulation on the kick panel. Nice job it seems.

It has a 440 with dougs headers and 3 inch exahust on it. A 8 3/4 one legger that i plan to change.

Pictures can be seen here if interested.

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss161/rp23g7/1969 Coronet/

Oh, I like this shot.

IMG_4886.jpg

We're not snobby on here. Heck, some of us even like (gasp) A-bodies[smilie=f:

Welcome to the board.[/quote]

WOO HOO A bodies, i just sold the Scamp to pick up the Coronet, it was a good little car. Slant 6 ran like a top, kinda sad to see it go.

Hell!
Some of us even drive Volkswagens!

Welcome.
Nice Coronet. :)

Thanks restoman

Believe it or not, after wrenching on cars for money at several gas stations and a Chrysler Dealer and a Subaru/Mazda dealer. I have never, ever driven a Volkswagen, oh, i am 44 too.

Thanks restoman

Believe it or not, after wrenching on cars for money at several gas stations and a Chrysler Dealer and a Subaru/Mazda dealer. I have never, ever driven a Volkswagen, oh, i am 44 too.
It's pretty much one of the most basic and slowest cars you could ever drive. It's also a blast. :) Good or bad, seems everybody has got a VW story.

Looooong time ago, around '82 or '83, a buddy and I bought a pretty ragged '69 R/T. $900. Originally a 383 4 speed, someone stuck in a '68 440 with an auto and a 3.91 Dana. The body had seen better days (East coast car) but it was one strong running hunk 'o rust.
'69 Coronets have one of the meanest front ends Mopar ever put on a car. :bravo:

oh hell im just outside of portland..and pretty much just got A-bodys cudas and some of the freakiest machines on the board...fishy is down here too

Looooong time ago, around '82 or '83, a buddy and I bought a pretty ragged '69 R/T. $900. Originally a 383 4 speed, someone stuck in a '68 440 with an auto and a 3.91 Dana. The body had seen better days (East coast car) but it was one strong running hunk 'o rust.
'69 Coronets have one of the meanest front ends Mopar ever put on a car. :bravo:
In high school a buddy of mine had a 69 dart, beat to heck, took the 318 out and put a 440 with dual quads and fenderwell headers. Seriously scary car, this was 1982, everything was pretty much trial and error to a high school kid then, that thing ripped up the pavement though.

The looks of a nice 70 are pretty mean too.

oh hell im just outside of portland..and pretty much just got A-bodys cudas and some of the freakiest machines on the board...fishy is down here too

We go down there pretty often, my parents have a place in Depot Bay and in Bend, going down next weekend.

Dont really see many cars though, gotta get aquainted with some Oregon people too.

I saw a nice 68 Hemi Charger stopped at the salvage yard, ummmm, i think its outside of Tigard.

audi to here. I got no problem with clowns, some of my best friends are clowns. I see em walking down the street with their big floppy shoes and big red nose, I walk up and say "Hey Clown where's your funny little car?" and they just make the sad widdole face that makes me melt and then I say I have to go becaws of the glowball warning. I don't wanna get stuck outside when there could be poe tenshully hazardous glowballs around.

ohhhhhhhhh! clone err Nevermind!

I saw a nice 68 Hemi Charger stopped at the salvage yard, ummmm, i think its outside of Tigard.
Hey rp, Dig the car and love that color!! I'm currently livin with 69.5. Bring your toy and we'll bring ours....well mainly his as mine ain't built yet :D We're around the fore mentioned area.

Hey rp, Dig the car and love that color!! I'm currently livin with 69.5. Bring your toy and we'll bring ours....well mainly his as mine ain't built yet :D We're around the fore mentioned area.

Might bring it down sometime, not next weekend though, going to Bend to go skiing at Bachelor. Think i need to repaint the grill this weekend. I really need to replace it and find a bee emblem for it.

Took a moment to say welcome as I get here when I can these days. I'm just down state from you in Enumclaw. Welcome to the board, good score on the Dodge too.

Took a moment to say welcome as I get here when I can these days. I'm just down state from you in Enumclaw. Welcome to the board, good score on the Dodge too.

Thanks Matt, Glad to have found everyone.

Fishy, thanks. I dont think i am gonna get anything from Wildcat. I emailed them about a console and he emailed me back that he wanted $1000 for one. I can get all the parts new for that price, what are they smokin. I havent checked All American. Gotta look

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back