Moparfest 2005

Moparlady said:
Actually, I'm not new, new. I joined last year, but then kind of forgot about this forum (.......do you think that will cheese them off? [smilie=2: ), and then changed from dial-up to DSL and got a new e-mail address, yadda, yadda, yadda. No wonder I wasn't getting anything from Moparnuts for a LOOOOOONG time! [smilie=e:

So.........what is S.O.M.E.?[/quote]

Post away.

S.O.M.E. is about half a dozen people that tried to get a car club going last year. It stands for Southern Ontario MOPAR Enthusiasts. (I made that up on the drive up to our first meeting.)
We hang onto the name like an old teddy bear but we haven't really met since I think it was July of last year.
We were trying to get something bigger than just a Toronto thing going.
Deputy is a member and there are a bunch of guys on other MOPAR boards - mainly Charger boards that managed to get to gether for lunch and beer - which was our main activity. But we did take minutes.

mr340 said:
dodgechargerfan said:
for lunch and beer - which was our main activity. But we did take minutes.
I would hope you didn't take hours, the beer would get warm.... [smilie=e:[/quote]

The waitress kept trekkin the hike between our table and the beer fridge. [smilie=a:

dodgechargerfan said:
You're new.

Post some more - or cheese off the admins - and your rank will change.

(It's really hard to cheese them off, but the fun is in the trying...)

Hmmmm, I musta been really bad...... [smilie=e:

They haven't located the barrel below the falls yet.

falls3.jpg

S.O.M.E. is about half a dozen people that tried to get a car club going last year. It stands for Southern Ontario MOPAR Enthusiasts. (I made that up on the drive up to our first meeting.)
We hang onto the name like an old teddy bear but we haven't really met since I think it was July of last year.
We were trying to get something bigger than just a Toronto thing going.
Deputy is a member and there are a bunch of guys on other MOPAR boards - mainly Charger boards that managed to get to gether for lunch and beer - which was our main activity. But we did take minutes.

Well, golly-gee, I just bet you know Bruce Nevils from Dunnville? '66 Hemi Charger?

Well, golly-gee, I just bet you know Bruce Nevils from Dunnville? '66 Hemi Charger?

HEMI Charger!? I wish I did know him.

Actually, I've likely seen his car at MOPARFest.

Most of the guys in SOME so far are from all over the place.
Me from Niagara,
Deputy from Collingwood
A few from the GTA
One guy from London
One from Kingston
A whole family from I think Whitby/Pickering...

It's still a fledgling group - that kind of lost a few feathers..

dodgechargerfan said:

HEMI Charger!? I wish I did know him.

Actually, I've likely seen his car at MOPARFest.

Most of the guys in SOME so far are from all over the place.
Me from Niagara,
Deputy from Collingwood
A few from the GTA
One guy from London
One from Kingston
A whole family from I think Whitby/Pickering...

It's still a fledgling group - that kind of lost a few feathers..

Oh yeah, you've seen it at Moparfest, and will see it again next week. It's silver. I will attach a pic.
If you send me the info on your club (send me a private message), I can pass it on to him, he might be interested in joining. He's a club kinda guy........

Hi there Moparlady!!!! nice to see some Lady's here- don'y worry about the closet- it's for the BOYS!!!!!! [smilie=e:

we will be there with the Deputy on Sunday!!
mostly at the swap meet looking for 73 RR stuff!!!

If your by- just stop on by!!!!!!!!

beeper*71 said:
Moparlady said:
Actually, I'm not new, new.

Yep, thought I recognized those A-bodys. [smilie=w:

Welcome back.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll try to be more attentive this time. I guess if you recognized our cars, that must mean they made some sort of impression, at least!
LOL......

71_DEPUTY said:
Hi there Moparlady!!!! nice to see some Lady's here- don'y worry about the closet- it's for the BOYS!!!!!! [smilie=e:

we will be there with the Deputy on Sunday!!
mostly at the swap meet looking for 73 RR stuff!!!

If your by- just stop on by!!!!!!!![/quote]

Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to stay out of the closet.....I think!
Moparfest is our "holidays", so we will be arriving on Thursday, and staying at Holiday Beach campground in our DODGE (what else) motorhome. I get to drive the '67 Valiant Signet up........it's a FUN car (273), makes noise and goes fast! Doing Friday night New Hamburg street cruise, Sat. cruise to Wellington Dodge in Guelph (after Moparfest show), then Sunday show. We have a whole gang that stays at the campground, mostly from Southern Ont/Niagara, but also a group from Sudbury, and we have a really, REALLY good time! Then we go home on Monday.
Packing m/h today. Can't wait.......

BTW, one of our friends (who will be at the campground) has a 73 RR that he will be selling. I think he is currently rebuilding the engine. It's yellow. I can get more info on it if you're interested. Also, have a pic on my computer of it if you want to see.

I have plans to attend on Saturday. I may have the Barracuda together by that time and make the drive (It may be wishful thinking)

Stop by and say hi it you see me there. Otherwise look for me amongst the cars, I will be wearing the Mopar T shirt.

I plan to be there. Unfortuntely the car is not ready yet. I will be wearing my black baseball cap with Duster on the front, also a black teeshirt with a big "50" on the front. Plan on being there Saturday starting in the swap area. My son's 74 Charger SE is not ready yet eitherbut I think he plans on coming as well.

kamstra said:
I have plans to attend on Saturday. I may have the Barracuda together by that time and make the drive (It may be wishful thinking)

Stop by and say hi it you see me there. Otherwise look for me amongst the cars, I will be wearing the Mopar T shirt.

Well, gosh, you should be easy to spot then!!! Hmmmm, hope it's not the same shirt as mine......
[smilie=a:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back