MOPAR GILRLY MEN- WHo explains crap to their wife?

Runners been in the shed for almost two weeks and the tired ass 383 is still between the rails. But its hogly davidson time of the year and the other hobby calls. Ive shot 2 bikes, built one shovelhead mill and installed it, tore down a 96 inch S+S motor for top end and managed to drag in 3 more cars. If her loan goes through tomorrow- which Im sure it will, Ive scrounged a 74 sportster with a fresh reman which has never been fired up and is affordable. This will show her what buying a project and then parts is all about. It should go quick but you never know. And then I gotta teach her how to ride the damn thing and meanwhile the runner sits. I did order a new clutch though, should be in wednesday. Better yank that b wedge and squirt some rattle can on the engine bay. Parts? WTF are parts? I need some TIME.:doh:

Never a problem spending money for Mopar parts - when there are coins available. Seems with 4 voracious coin eating machines called offspring, any money that used to be siphoned off for parts is endlessly poured into kids and trying to get them educated and pointed towards the door and the large outside world. We keep saying it will get better and they will move out someday and then there will be toy money again.......

And yeah I know, a real wuss cop out. I mean why not get that crate hemi and the hell with the kids, house, bills. Nothing like swinging wrenches at the Salvation Army hostel.

.......... and I can't believe LF's thread could be stollen by the use of one word.
Yes. I meant "Pisstank". I suppose I'm dating myself again. :(

Hello Dave, Nice to see you on the board.

My wife is very understanding of my hobbies, She is the one who insists on keeping the convertible regardless of how high the price escalates. She isn't that happy if I bring another car home (no time for another car) but doesn't give me a hard time about it.
Rob

kamstra said:
Hello Dave, Nice to see you on the board.

My wife is very understanding of my hobbies, She is the one who insists on keeping the convertible regardless of how high the price escalates. She isn't that happy if I bring another car home (no time for another car) but doesn't give me a hard time about it.
Rob

Hey Rob---- hows the 68 coming along. I have the dash in mine tore out to be painted curious yellow like the rest of the car. Its deffinately going to be different.

LAWFISH

My wife is great I did my car for 2 years and now Just finished installing new floors, walls, drop ceilling, lighting and furniture for our second floor. We are 50-50 partners. She just asked me to mark the calendar with the days I want to go to the track so she doesn't schedule us for anything on those days.
She is the best!!!!!

onehellofadart said:
She just asked me to mark the calendar with the days I want to go to the track so she doesn't schedule us for anything on those days.
She is the best!!!!!
Ya gotta let us know too, I'm always up for a day at the races... (and I'm only 20 minutes from Island):dance:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back