Interior pics of your cars

rp23g7

Hey everyone, Looking for some ideas on the interior of the 69 Coronet. Post em if you got em.

Probably going to stay with buckets and put a console in it.

It has new black carpet in it already, so probably going to stay with black, although black carpet with a white interior does look sharp too.

What color was the dash though, if the car has white upholstery in it? Black?

Right now it has the tan/brown seats and dash.

Thinking about black upholstery, vinyl or maybe leather, with green inserts on the seats maybe, or not.

Its got a regular dash in it. Does anyone have pictures of detail on the non rallye dash. Is there any trim under the overhang?

It looks like there is something missing on mine around the heater controls.

Console detail too. Trying to decide on a Pistol grip or some other shift handle

Post up a pic of what you got in your car and people here can better make suggestions... in other words ( and you will see a LOT of this...:D)

:nopics:

I'm not sure about the B body stuff myself but like I said, pics of what you got already can help these guys get you where you wanna go that much easier.

Post up a pic of what you got in your car and people here can better make suggestions... in other words ( and you will see a LOT of this...:D)

:nopics:

I'm not sure about the B body stuff myself but like I said, pics of what you got already can help these guys get you where you wanna go that much easier.

Gotcha, pics will be coming soon after work is over, or tomorrow, due to it being my wifes birthday.

For the dash trim, I think you might be referring to the polished aluminum trim that is under the pad and above the cluster. It goes the full width and has extensions that go down the ends. It's the same for 68 & 69 and also rally & stock dashes.

This isn't the best pic but the molding is bright aluminum with a black stripe in the center of the top portion.

The second pic shows it a little better.

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 63
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
For the dash trim, I think you might be referring to the polished aluminum trim that is under the pad and above the cluster. It goes the full width and has extensions that go down the ends. It's the same for 68 & 69 and also rally & stock dashes.

This isn't the best pic but the molding is bright aluminum with a black stripe in the center of the top portion.

The second pic shows it a little better.

AHH, so thats what is missing. Here are a bunch of pics of what the interior looks like now.

The carpet is done, and he did a real good job with glueing the insulation down with the carpet.

The rust under the package tray is the only rust on the car, just surface stuff, i think a session with rust bullet is in order.

http://s572.photobucket.com/albums/ss161/rp23g7/1969 Coronet/

the interior pics are all at the beginning of the album.

All I know right now is the tan is not working with the green. but you knew that.

Aww, ditch those pine trees. We all know it ain't MoPar unless it smells like mouse urine and rotting leaves.

All I know right now is the tan is not working with the green. but you knew that.

Aww, ditch those pine trees. We all know it ain't MoPar unless it smells like mouse urine and rotting leaves.

Oops, i forgot about the pine trees

EWWW, that dark green? Never really did like that color.

My buddy has a 70 Challenger in those colors...EF8 Green and Saddle Tan interior...Very sharp, rich looking car!!

How about TX9, With the saddle interior?

But then I tend to lean towards colors less desireable, exterior and interior.

My buddy has a 70 Challenger in those colors...EF8 Green and Saddle Tan interior...Very sharp, rich looking car!!

How about TX9, With the saddle interior?

But then I tend to lean towards colors less desireable, exterior and interior.

Hmm, black, with a white bumble bee stripe, with a tan interior, that may work.

Hmm, black, with a white bumble bee stripe, with a tan interior, that may work.

I like that idea.

Maybe another route would be the black car with a Tan painted roof, instead of vinyl, and thenmaybe a matte black bumblebee strip.

A black car with a red stripe and a saddle gut would be pretty sexy.

White-interior cars used black carpets, dash, console and seatbelts for the record.

I'd avoid a console. Muscle-era Mopar consoles were creaky, rattling pieces of crap. Not worth the look or the minimal gain in storage area. When I bought my '70 Bee way back when, the storage area of the console had been cut off by the previous owner because he couldn't stand the noise.

A black car with a red stripe and a saddle gut would be pretty sexy.

White-interior cars used black carpets, dash, console and seatbelts for the record.

I'd avoid a console. Muscle-era Mopar consoles were creaky, rattling pieces of crap. Not worth the look or the minimal gain in storage area. When I bought my '70 Bee way back when, the storage area of the console had been cut off by the previous owner because he couldn't stand the noise.

Good point Dr. I remember my 67's was a rattle trap.

No lie there, I have a console in my Plymouth and the rear part with the grill had a rattle and about drove me nuts! None the less, it came with the car so it had to stay. So I took it apart and stuffed some foam padding inside. No mo rattle. [smilie=::

gtxint.jpg

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back