And so it begins

So after a trip back to the body shop for a screwup by the bodyman (4 months!!) and a move to a more usable space, and a kitchen reno, 4 1/2 years later I have some progress on the dart.
dartengine.jpgdartengine2.jpgdart20132.jpgdart20133.jpg

Hey glad to see some progress. Motor looks good. What's up with the HEI Dizzy? I have one of those too....used it in 360 I had in my 70 Fury. Is it a DUI Dizzy?

Got that one from proform I believe. Cleans up the engine bay and I have the MSD internal module with a built in rev limiter in case I miss a shift at some point hehe

Yeah it sure does clean up the wiring. I never had any problems when I was running mine. Mine is a stick GM unit that some guy cut the lower aluminum body off and welded on a LA motor piece. Then just cut and notched the main shaft. Hows the clearance on the firewall in your A-body? I know it was a bit tight in my big C-body.

I'm going to attempt to put in my headliner but I'm missing the small rods that hook on the back bow. Anyone know where I could get these or even if they are necessary?

I tried doing the headliner in my 73 Roadrunner years ago...got it OK...but could never quite get all the wrinkles out near the edges.

the trick with a headliner is heat..

idealy leave the headliner out in the sun for the good part of the day or better yet inside a black car that gets HOT in the sun

at which point it will stretch the most ...ive put a fw of em in and done it this way every time except once the one time i didnt i put it in my bathroom which has a wall heater and basicly got the temp in the bathroom over 100deg...i often use it for waterproofing my dovers boots and carharts...ive never had a wrinkle issue in headliners doing this

There are three big tricks to doing headliners:
Make sure you first find the centerlines (fore and aft) of both the headliner and the roof, and mark them. Use the marks as reference points as you go, it ensures the liner is centered, square and will stay that way.
Anywhere it is folded, screwed, or glued in place it's vital to make sure there are no wrinkles or excess material.
Use a hairdryer to get out any minor wrinkles when you're done. Some cheaper headliners will always have wrinkles, the better ones won't.

Small rods on the back bow???

He's a pic from someone else's dart
rod clips.jpg
These attach to the back bow in the headliner. I think they would definitely help with the wrinkles.

They'll keep the rear bow in the proper parallel with the rear glass.
You could probably make them if none can be found.

If you make them you'll need the dimensions. Pretty sure that the back bow has to sit just right. I remember those when I did my headliner in the RR.

Kind of what I thought. Does anyone know where I could aquire a set? Or at least get the dimensions?

If you need a measure/look at the Dart come over any time. Sorry but the headliner isn't scheduled to come out anytime soon.

Need a new gas tank for the Dart. Rock auto has a few listed, Spectre and Platinum Pro. I know Spectre well but have not heard of the platinum pro. Any experience with this company?

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back