300 Horsepower STOCK. But its a 4-cylinder...

Jr.

Driving around in circles and
All I can say is WOW. The Caliber SRT-4 was debuted today. Using the 2.4 Liter World Engine, with a hefty turbo. 300 horsepower out of a 4 banger! Not only that but it's got looks to boot. I dont feel so bad about losing the neon SRT-4 any more...

• 300 horsepower, 260 lb-feet of torque
  • 0-60 in under 6 seconds (similar to Neon SRT-4)
  • 28 mpg on the highway (22 city)
  • Front wheel drive !?
  • Quarter mile in under 14 seconds
  • 60-0 braking in 115 feet

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/caliber-srt4.html

Oops wrong forum... somebody wanna move this?

Last edited:
soo they finaly beefed up a 2.5 much like the turbomini owners have been doing for some time and stuffed it in a neon...offer it in a mini van and ill be in the market

That's another abortion from DC. Sure it's fast but you ahve to be seen in it and live with having to look at it everyday in your garage :sick:

OMG that is ugly..hmm 14 sec stock...thats it?!?!?!?!? 89-90 turbo mini's ran high 15's low 16s stock....dial up the boost and add an intercooler and you below the 14's

69.5CUDA said:
OMG that is ugly..hmm 14 sec stock...thats it?!?!?!?!? 89-90 turbo mini's ran high 15's low 16s stock....dial up the boost and add an intercooler and you below the 14's

Yep and they were half way attractive too:sick:

you might smoke the ricer in the other lane but he wont be embarassed about it....do the same in a 89-90 mini and he will be forever disgraced for looseing

Like the power, but hate the looks. Ugly.:sick:

rather have a neon w/ that power to pound the rice burners even more.

I personaly DO NOT want a family car that power:naughty: ,Hey I i get stupid and wrap myself around tree , I'll do it alone.

Sitting at a stop light. " hey kids , think we can beat this car next to us?"[smilie=i:
Weeeeee !! errrr, CRASH !!!! .

But then again we have the Hemi powered station wagon. For those who ....ahh never mind. :doubt:

That's one of the test mules I tried to chase down in traffic a while ago but the nose looked slightly different.....or maybe it's I only saw the nose in my rear view as they turned off rather suddelny and I passed them......things are FAST off the line too! I don't really care for the looks of it though.....looked better with the black and white checker/stripe wall paper on it:bwuhaha:

The front end appendage looks like garbage, but I'd like to throw that engine in the base Caliber, which looks a little cleaner at teh front.

I just went to training on them Friday and yes the instuctor said the 300 hp one will be coming along. I really dont care one way or the other as I will just have to fix them for a living but the muscle cars are my tue love anyway. :nanna: Ron

Could it be that ol virgil has been revived? Hope not.:doh: A hunderd horse per cylinder is impressive regardless of the packaging.

Da-ho said:
Could it be that ol virgil has been revived?

Looked at the front end of a new Ram lately? Or the 300?

I'm thinkin' the nice fellers at Benz have revived the whole "Boys from Brazil" thing.....

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back