Reassemble, drive as-is.

Dr.Jass

Pastor of Muppets
This car needs a legal DNR (Do Not Restore) order put on file.

8,989.6 miles... every single one of 'em the hard way. Yeah, the buy-in is steep but I wouldn't change a thing. I could even tolerate the automatic in this instance. The faded decals and lettering just make it that much cooler.

Day-two 1969 Road Runner A12 drag car.

s-l1600.jpg

change out the rear wheels, clear coat it and call it a day...it needs the matching mega deep slots out back and lose the MP covers for ANYTHING period..preferably cal's..tho imo in this case a set of holleys wouldnt be out of place

Just a very thorough cleaning and detailing, along with the re-assembly...

Unless it's all cut up in places not shown, the buy in isn't that steep (@ 50k) in today's market.
Agreed, and as an investment it seems pretty solid if it's a good car. However, for something in which I'd want to bash around like it's 1983, that's pretty serious green.

id want to presever those old worn decals, so those would have to be clear'd
That's something I wouldn't even attempt. A lot of old inks probably would not react well to paint solvents, especially modern ones. If they ran or smudged, it's not an easy thing to replicate (and not "original" anymore). It took 'em 50 years to look that good; they'll be fine for many more years. Just be careful if/when washing the car so as to not wear 'em down even more and/or start peeling.

A friend of a friend in south Jersey has a similar car. His is a QQ1 1968 Roadrunner, I'm pretty sure it's a post car, with a 383, that was special ordered and it has a 2 tone interior. That car spent it's short career on local tracks up there and retired to a barn after about 5 or 6 years. It was damaged on the B pillar by the carrier on the first delivery, so the dealer sent it back, and they did the same thing the 2nd time around so he took a discount, touch up paint and went on his way. Carlton bought the car about 10 years back with the original wheels, hubcaps and tires, the original exhaust that was removed and stored away and it's sitting on the 1968 Cragars and original front runners and slicks from it's semi pro career. Now it resides in another barn with a Hemi E body, Cuda I think, and a few other old Mopars and Pontiacs of various status including a little old lady 1972 triple green, 4 door Valiant, "survivor" that he rescued from a JY, before anything happened to it.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back