electronics parts? and a new toy

69.5CUDA

Blah Blah Blah
sooooo i found a old jukebox at a wrecker, wife said BRING IT HOME, so i did
its a 1971-3 whirlitzur 3700 Americana, the thing oozes cool, but...its got issues, ive done a TON of digging and alot of good info found, ive managed to get "some" of it working, and everything points to "triac" issues IE trisistors in fact so much so i found service bulletins about the need to upgrade/replace...thing is..the part numbers i cant seem to cross reference anything up that isnt just a data sheet IE nothing i can actually buy and yeah ive even looked on mouser

heres the numbers and the "cross reference" update from a service bullet
140770..................Triac TIC236 or SCI46B or 2N6342A

heres hoping one of you guys can help me find these lil bastards..everything points to them and that they are cheep..i just cant find any place that sells em...

even non functional its a VERY cool piece...as of right now it lights up, it spins, i can even get the 200song carousal to turn and if i plop a 45 onto the turntable and manually drop the needle it plays...i just cant get it to do everything on its own...and the juke sites are YEARS out of uhh posts newest usefull info from 2013

Newark, Digi-Key and Mouser are my go-to electronics suppliers. None of the sites are particularly user-friendly but once you get accustomed to their format and know your specifications, they'll have it if it's still available (and sometimes when it's not!). I've had amazing service from all three, Mouser having generally been the best regarding shipping times.

Newark, Digi-Key and Mouser are my go-to electronics suppliers. None of the sites are particularly user-friendly but once you get accustomed to their format and know your specifications, they'll have it if it's still available (and sometimes when it's not!). I've had amazing service from all three, Mouser having generally been the best regarding shipping times.
mouser was where i did my digging and failed, but that was a me not understanding how to cross referance them correctly

they showed up today and i put em in...seems everything is atleast more functional....

its got issues, but atleast now i can "trigger" everything in one way or anther and get some kind of action out of it....i cant however get it to function "as intended"..so a manual is next..started with the triacs as everything ive read on these ends up being guys chasing their tails only to replace the triacs and have to re-re adjust everything back to before they mucked with it

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back