15X7 Aluminum Slots

71ChargerRT

I'm selling the aluminum slots that were on the Charger I dragged home. I'll post some pics on Monday when I get the tires off, and clean them up a little bit. I also have new lug nuts and washers that for them too.

$450 or best plus the ride, about $20-25 each.

Here's pics, they were made in Ontario CA. so I'm led to believe they are Ansens. Anyone know if that's fact or no? Also, is my price high, low or right on?

They're definitely not Ansens. Vintage Ansens have "ANSEN AUTOMOTIVE" cast into the back of the wheel spokes (between the slots), about halfway between the slot and the axle flange. They also have "GARDENA CA" as well as a partial (if not complete) size cast in similar spots on other spokes. For instance, mine had "SPRINT 15X" cast into them, off-center on the spokes as if to leave room for a "7" or "8". I had two of each. Also, until you get into the truly-wide wheels, the slots on the Ansens are centered between the flat of the wheel flange and the "flat" between the spokes and the outer rim, and there is no ridge between the outside of the wheel flange and the dished area. Ansens had more reinforcing ribs on the back of the spokes as well. I would gladly post pics of the rear of the Ansens I had, if A) my router worked, and B) the power supply in my other computer wasn't shot.

I don't think the fact that they're not "real" Ansens will make much difference on the price. 99% of the world cannot tell the difference with the wheel bolted to the car. For the life of me, I can't remember which wheel manufacturer was in Ontario, CA. Ansen is now in Torrance, but their "new" wheels are made by American Racing (model A69, I believe).

As far as price, there's a few things to consider: New "genuine" Ansen 15x7s are about $140 each. They come with caps and I believe they now use the more-desirable tapered-seat lugs. They're also brand new with no bends or metal fatigue. I got over $600 for mine, but they also fit the 4" A-body pattern (they were unilug) and the economy was much better. I also took mine to a tire shop and had them "spun" to make sure that they weren't bent or out-of-round, and would be no problem to balance. You do have new lugs and washers, which is a big plus, as is the lack of serious curb damage. If you want to add some value, well, you can probably get new caps inexpensively through Gorilla Automotive. Their website (http://www.gorilla-auto.com/) has plenty of options with dimensions to make sure you get the right caps. Go under Wheel Accessories, then Hub Covers.

As the saying goes, they're worth exactly what someone will pay you for them. How long do you want to wait? Take a pic of all four, type up an ad, and print out several copies. Know your selling points: non-unilug, minimal curb damage, new nuts and washers, etc. It all makes a difference in selling. Hang them in parts stores, supermarkets, laundromats--anywhere that allows that sort of thing on a bulletin board, etc. Even gearheads have to eat and wash clothes! :dance: craigslist, racingjunk, any outlet you can find that won't cost you any or much money. Don't be a dick--take the ads down when they're sold. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Doc!

I'd like to keep them, but it's doubtful I'd ever use them for anything other than garage decoration/dust collectors. So on to someone else's car they go.

sad to say but out here if you got 250 for the set youd be doing good.....if they were 8 or 10 wide id be all over em for another set of truck wheels

Hard to say a price. Assuming reasonable backspacing, they're the perfect size for Mopar and Ford musclecar-era models, where 15x7 was the max factory wheel. They're in nice shape as well. With the recent resurgence in popularity, though, it seems like slots are coming out of the woodwork of late whether they're being pulled out from under the bench, found at a scrapyard, or lying in the back 40. Strangely, for their overall popularity, no one seems to be running them around here. There seems to be a million of them on eBay (all "Ansens", of course :naughty: ) but the prices are still high and they seem to be selling.

If you want top dollar for them, then eBay is the obvious choice. However, once you calculate in the fees and packing materials, you can expect to lose around 17%-25% off the final selling price. Personally, I no longer find eBay worth the time due to the expense involved, shipping hassles, and the one-way feedback rules. There is, of course, that ~$700 they cheated me, too. They took it right out of my checking account. Can you say "overdraft city"? Sure you can.

3" back spacing. I see alot of uni-lug or 4-3/4" bolt patterns and a lot of polished wheels on eBay, not many like these.

I don't like the polished version, they're just don't do it for me, not real fond of chrome wheels in most cases either. I think if I used these I would paint inside the openings satin black.

I listed them for $350 plus shipping, that seemed pretty reasonable.

Toss in a line, and see who bites. 3" backspacing should still clear the wheel lips on most non-A-body Mopars, I would think.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back