• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

Wrong starting point?

Dr.Jass

Pastor of Muppets
Bear with me here... I'll admit it's positively gorgeous. I'll even concede that yes, it's a far-better representation of what you might find on the street in the early '70s. It's definitely the nicest of its kind on Planet Earth.

That being said, this car seems an enormous waste of resources. Forty-five thousand invested?! I mean, I believe it, but spent on this car? When knocking a restoration out of the park on something like this, you'd better plan on keeping it until death, make sure there's at least one other person in the world that wants a high-priced one, or just fill the tub now because you'll be taking a bath soon.

There's probably a very-similar optioned GTX or Road Runner out there, the numbers for which may find their way onto this car. That would be a shame, because with this level of work done the car should definitely be preserved as-is. Well, other than a new carpet set, which they clearly missed.

1970 Plymouth Sport Satellite

00X0X_aA6qikdNOaLz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00101_hEC3pHwQVpNz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

TBH id rather have it over a RR/gtx just because its a sat...and i KNOW im not alone in this thinking, its kinda the same way a group drifted out of the GTO and want tempests instead just so it doesnt say GTO

i wonder how much of the interior is un touched....

I understand that reasoning. They weren't all RR/GTX models and it's nice to see a Sport presented as such. It's even better that it's not a clone. At the same time, that much effort into the 318 seems a waste. It would've been completely forgivable had they installed a 340 or 360 made to look as OE as possible. A very mild 360 could even get away with its larger original 2-barrel neatly tucked away beneath the air cleaner, making it a much more interesting drive.

To each their own, but I think the ask is incredibly high for such a car. Were it a survivor, $20K would be a very hard sell.

My favorite color is blue, but that shade does nothing for me. As nice as it is, the color alone would make it hard for me to justify paying even $30k under asking for a sales bank car.

"This is one of the nicest Plymouth’s out there."

[Grammar Police]Plymouth's what?[/Grammar Police]

Looks like it's at a dealership. If it's not on consignment, I guess the owner bought himself the nicest $5000 b-body on the planet.

At least that one's an HP car, although it's overpriced by at least $25K; I'd say $35K based on things that need to be fixed. I wonder if anyone's told him it's brown?

The blue car is definitely nicer. The poorly-done hot-roddy shit under the hood of this car (where's the vacuum reference for the fuel-pressure regulator?) along with the undercoated or bedlined trunk tells me there is much that is hidden. Lots of little signs of cut corners on what's at best a $35K car, but I guess the non-stock Road Runner hood makes that OK?

It's gone, hard to tell why because it's ebay. No bids to look at because it was a classified ad not an auction.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back