• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

Wilbur's off his meds again

Sooooooo much potential. :hmmm: The trim is all there, looks to be (mostly) original paint and no signs of damage. I wonder how severe the rust repair was that's hidden under the primer. And the floor conversion doesn't look like a usual butcher job. A decent deal at half the price.

ya think the 3 on the floor is legit?..what about the spotlight?..if that was a county order used as police or fire...the gumball in the backseat sure makes me wonder....if so it might be worth the asking price just for the oddity in it

ya think the 3 on the floor is legit?..what about the spotlight?..if that was a county order used as police or fire...the gumball in the backseat sure makes me wonder...

In the 60's most state official cars in WI were ordered with manuals. County & locals were autos.

If I had the money, it would be a scream to fix and reassemble my blown up aluminum 572 and stick it off in that. With pump gas friendly compression instead of the previous 15:1 it had, of course.

Now that is a cool wagon, can't recall the last time I saw a manual shifted C-body wagon.....usually the coupes and sedans. And the 3 speed floor shift would have been correct....or the column shift if desired. ;)

Would the floor shifted 3-speed had been optional or would they have all been on the column. That shifter resembles a Hurst but the boot & trim don't look Mopar. :hmmm:

Would the floor shifted 3-speed had been optional or would they have all been on the column. That shifter resembles a Hurst but the boot & trim don't look Mopar.
eusa_think.gif
Floor-shift was available if desired. I'm not sure if that or the column shift was actually the standard option, but you could get it either way. They already had the bits around from the readily-available 4-speed cars, so it wasn't any expense on their part to offer it.

The shifter itself isn't original, as the car would've had an Inland-built non-trigger shifter when new (and yes, they were every bit as awful as the reverse-trigger 4-speed units). That's a Hurst Indy 3-speed by the looks of it. Its being on the floor though, does appear to be original, or at least pretty well done. I don't know what a C-body floor hump is actually supposed to look like, to be honest. The carpet fits pretty well for a home install, I'll say that.

Pedal dress-up... they didn't miss a trick outfitting this one. :D

Floor-shift was available if desired. I'm not sure if that or the column shift was actually the standard option, but you could get it either way. They already had the bits around from the readily-available 4-speed cars, so it wasn't any expense on their part to offer it.

The shifter itself isn't original, as the car would've had an Inland-built non-trigger shifter when new (and yes, they were every bit as awful as the reverse-trigger 4-speed units). That's a Hurst Indy 3-speed by the looks of it. Its being on the floor though, does appear to be original, or at least pretty well done. I don't know what a C-body floor hump is actually supposed to look like, to be honest. The carpet fits pretty well for a home install, I'll say that.

Pedal dress-up... they didn't miss a trick outfitting this one. :D

The C-body floor tunnel is very similar to the 66-70 B-body ones. And of all the manual shift C-bodies I've seen over the years I'd say that over 80% have been manual brakes as well, power brakes and a manual shift tranny is a combo that was not seldom selected. Also another thing to note is the manual shift pedal assemblies are different between the power and manual brakes.

Fellow on another board mentioned this about the wagon as well.....

hergfest said:
I see a battery heat shield which tells me its a police package car, or at least ordered with those options. The hole on the front fender was probably for a siren.

A sure-fire way to detect an ex-squad car is a forward mounted dome light plus the standard center mount. :hmmm:

Worth 6K for the Trump sticker alone... I'd drive it (for $700) :xl:

Only 9 more days before Obumhole is ousted :) Oh happy times!

How did I not see that? :doh:

It's kind of buried in the craigslist link. I can't believe Trump actually won. My giddiness can barely be contained :dance:

Next up: Getting rid of Justin Trudope.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back