What would be a good offer..

sleeper448

I real good friend of mine has been tossing the idea around, on selling his 1969 dodge charger :( , forest green original 383/ 727. now has a 440. He had his charger before I had my 70RR. I had more time to finish mine from a rolling shell to street/raceable. He is alot busier than me in work and other issues.Has been sitting for 4 + years. Doesnt think he'll get to it.
The car gutted, front fenders and fronT section is off. Needs a paint job and body work. All parts are there. Want to make him an honest offer. But not offend. Sue he wants to make a few bucks, and have no problem with that. But what are these cars going for ??
Have seen on e-bay 10,000-15,000 running and claimed matching numbers . Was thinking on offering $5000 [smilie=f: . or would that be insulting.:confused:

I don't think that's insulting. This car would fetch 30 to 40 if it was mint...sure. But have you seen how much it co$ts to get a car looking like that? If you guessed 30 to 40K you would be about right.

So no 5K isn't an insult at all...especially considering that no matter how mint it gets, even with the original 383, it's not really a big money or particularly rare car. Add in the non-matching 440 and you've got another problem.

Even if you can do the work yourself and save buttloads of money, you are still looking at at least 10K in materials...and I mean 10K whether you are restoring to original or modding and rodding... so no... 5 K is just about right.

I once looked at a totally rotted and gutted 69 Charger shell in a yard for $2000.00 And I do mean this thing was ROTTED!!! No floors, trunk pan, or decklid. Rest of the body looked salvageable though. Might of just been a greedy yard owner too though but I'd say yeah $5000 is a great place to start. Then again I'm no expert on the matter :D Wish I had the money/space/tools/time to build me a 69 Charger!:(

Between 5-10K IMO. Now, if it's just your joe-baloni A body you would offer way less than say 4K[smilie=i:

:)

The market is insane and a Charger like that is fetching the $10-12K. Insane - yes, but it is happening. This is where friendship comes into play. And be warned - if he cuts you a super deal it may come back to haunt you in the future.

I may just have to pass on it. because of the friendship.
If I sold my car , I would want it to go far away so not to see it again and kick myself in the ass for doing it.

He isn't the kind of person to come back at me , lets say. wanting it back or accusing me taking advantage . you know what I mean? He just lost interest.

Its just that I would hate to see it go, even offer him 1st choice to buy it back if I ever decided to sell it (. which I dought if i ever would.)
and -pass up a rare chance to have a choice car w/ all the new dodge Hemi's and type cars coming out and rejuvinating the muscle in cars again.:giggedy:

I'll just have to ask him what he's looking to get for it.And if I can swing it . make an offer. Who knows , maybe he'll get second thoughts .

Cool is cool , muscle is muscle !! and an original cant be copied.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back