What to do with the Dart....??

To primer or not to primer??

• Do it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way! I love green '70s cars!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlackSpeed66

Some of you browsing the for sale section may have noticed I've had a '73 Dart posted for sale for quite some time. Not the prettiest thing in the world, but mechanically I've put quite a bit of work into it. I haven't had any bites on it and I'm wondering if the $400 asking price is too high. I think the car is worth at least that, but I guess price can be subjective, especially with something this fugly....

If I can't sell it by summer, I'm edging towards primering the entire car black (incl. bumpers) and fixing the rust on it. I'm thinking this may make it slightly more presentable . The vinyl top definitely needs to come off.

All in all, this car was a terrible decision, which my dad will never let me forget, but we all have had those moments haven't we?

Apologies in advance for any spontaneous projectile vomiting caused by the following pictures.... [smilie=e:

Attachments

• dart_front.jpg
    dart_front.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 159
  • dartdside.jpg
    dartdside.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 159
  • dartpside.jpg
    dartpside.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 159
I agree with Sammy. *oh crap*

Don't primer it, it will look like your hiding something.
BTW, Ummm, did you notice it had 4 doors? [smilie=e:

LOL, Jass.......there's way too many new parts on it to crush it.....sorry [smilie=e:

I guess the goal of primering the car would be to get rid of the hideous green color.... [smilie=2: not necessarily to hide stuff.

...like the car's got anything to hide anyway :D :D

Eugene, I've been thinking about making you an offer on that thing for some time now, but I just don't have room right now at Casa de Nodda. If you want help fixing the rust and such, I'd be happy to help.

work the worst rust areas (behind the back tires) and shoot them with primer - much better then the rust and it won't look as if you are hiding anything.. just a temp fix to a couple of areas.

just my .02 worth

p.s. the price is plenty low, even for a 4 door.

Adam

maybe 68 would like to park that next to the wagoon! its' green, has four doors and would make a great sleeper.

[smilie=a:

MyBigBlockDodge said:
maybe 68 would like to park that next to the wagoon! its' green, has four doors and would make a great sleeper.

[smilie=a:[/quote]

Been there......

......done that.

:D

I really like flat black cars,had a few I've done that treatment to.Fix the rust and do it.Any chrome that is in good condition should be left chrome though IMHO.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back