what do you guys think of this

Nice! Now get it in 4x4, 2500 series with a diesel. :D Oh, my bad...that is what I would buy! :D Looks great!

Greg, will it pull the amount you want, without effort? I was under the obvious mis-understanding you wanted a diesel. [smilie=e:

I don't know whether it is true or not but I heard that the Hemi's were having valve spring problems. I would go the extra $ and go diesel. JMO

I can tell you that we have not seen any valve sping problems with the Hemi's at our Dealer. Go for it Greg ! [smilie=b: Ron

it is a 4x4. the new 1500's with hemi power has a gross vehicle weight rating of 14,000 lbs & the trailer portion of that is 8600 lbs. i weighed my 01 quad ram, cuda, trailer & equipment this week & grossed out at 13,300. the trailer & car was 7,330.

so the answer is yes it can do the job.

putting a cummins in that 05 ram drives the price through the roof. like XL said about 7 grand more.

i'll know today its mine

greg

Nice Tow rig.....you lucky dog ! [smilie=2: I'm sure the hemi is more than up to the task. There is also good aftermarket support for hp bolt ons to up the hemi's power if need be. You going with the 3.91 axle package ?

Ron

Well, yesterday's tomorrow is today and today's today is now. [smilie=E:

So what's the word?

A few of the loggers around here have hemi crew cabs and beat them severely, if you click in the tow mode they seem to rev past the limiter in second and will peg the tach. Thats when you will see valve train issues. I just got home from south central Washington with my latest creation after installing a Reading utility box on it and loading it down with some choice scrap pieces and hauling another D-200 with a service box on the trailer. I did have to downshift on a few of the hills and blew a trailer tire but for old recycled parts with fresh spray paint on them I cant complain. Ran it over the scale at the mill and the combo weighed in at almost 9 tons. Didnt use any oil, didnt heat up and averaged 10 MPG. Thats with a mid 70s 400 T engine with a T-quad on an adapter plate sitting on an originally 2 barrel mill. Total investment so far less than a grand. Thats with the box. [smilie=e:

signed the papers today, should pick it tuesday or wed next week.

da-ho. i like those heavy weight #'s cause this baby will work when towing the toy around.

ron- i'll let a liitle time pass before putting out more coin for some goodies (maybe a procharger) [smilie=e: . lol. we'll see. i'm heading to truck world tomorrow to price up a tunnel cover. i do need to lock the load down. can't wait to get her.

greg

Can you say..........Hemi !! Congrats on the deal Greg. I drive them trucks every day and they are nice. [smilie=e: Ron

Woo hoo! Now stop over and pick us all up for a ride! [smilie=a:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back