What did you think of the '08 Challenger on BJ?

909Hemi

The Barrett-Jackson 2008 Challenger, S/N "1" that got sold for 400 Large.
I have to say it changed my mind a bit, being the 1st time I've seen the new Challenger in a real setting on video. I liked how it looks a lot better that what I had seen from the still photos!

I missed it. I was told that the figures were expected to be much lower this year. Has that shown?

Top car brought around $1.6 million, if I remember correctly. Prices did seem to be lower; E-bodies in particular were not nearly as insane as in previous years. Only a scant few E-cars broke the $100,000 mark; even real multi-carb cars didn't make it (a non-numbers but real V-code '70 Cuda 440-6 4-speed only brought $69K). Even clone HemiCuda convertibles stayed well below the magic 6 figures.

However, almost 200 large for a clone Batmobile seems a bit ridiculous, as did $360,000 for the Monkeemobile. :doh:

Carroll Shelby's personal 1969 GT500 convertible--the only Shelby car, Cobras included that's he's owned since the day it came off the assembly line--brought $675,000. Not bad for a car in which he let his kids bash around during high school and college.

The consensus seems that ppl were a lot more informed this year. Since most real pedigreed cars don't show up at b-j and most cars are high end driver quality, the prices reflect that and a lot of buyers know the difference now.
From what I understand craig jackson bought the chally.

This was the first time that it was an all "no reserve" auction, so, maybe the sellers with $tar$ in their eyes stayed home.:huh:

This was the first time that it was an all "no reserve" auction, so, maybe the sellers with $tar$ in their eyes stayed home.:huh:

Actually, I believe the last couple of years have been no reserve. This year was Ford sponsored, and you notice the Mustangs did quite well.

It's amazing to me that the TV moderators never seem to really know if a particular car is "real" or a clone. There's still plenty of stupid money being thrown at various makes of cars though.
Then there's just something about Craig Jackson that really makes me want to kick him in the nuts, and stand there laughing while he throws up on the sidewalk. The guy is a creep if nothing else...

I agree that it definately looks better on video than in stills. It probably looks even stronger up close and in person, which I've found to be the case with most of the new Dodges. I do like the production version better than the concept. The removal of the cross hair grille and addition of the rear deck lid spoiler are nice touches. Unless I win the lotto, I shouldn't even bother lookin' at 'em anyway :D

It's amazing to me that the TV moderators never seem to really know if a particular car is "real" or a clone. There's still plenty of stupid money being thrown at various makes of cars though.
Then there's just something about Craig Jackson that really makes me want to kick him in the nuts, and stand there laughing while he throws up on the sidewalk. The guy is a creep if nothing else...

And I was totally shocked when craigy just happen to win Challenger #1, That gavel dropped like a rock after his last bid:liar:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back