Well I finally made some progress

44070Swinger

Headers16.jpg

Headers31.jpg

451 6pac Stroker Stage II ported Edelbrock 84cc heads, 2.14 Intake and 1.81 Exhaust valves. Stage II street/strip port flowed 285 cfm @550 lift. The 400 block has been square decked and line torque plate honed and sonic checked. Crank is a forged steel. Compression is 10.95:1 .060 Keith Black KB251 pistons, Rods, factory LY rods w/ ARP rod bolts. I have over 1000.00 In machine work alone just in the block:wtf:. Camshaft is a Mopar Performance 509 cam, Specs are 292/292 509/509 @114 cl and 1.6 ratio roller rockers. Im gonna change the cam to a Lunati Voodoo Solid Roller 273/279 243/249 .578"/.585" @106 cl Mopar Performance Aluminum water pump housing and pump and Mopar Performance black wrinkle valve covers. The motor is fully balanced to within .2 tenths of a gram.

This motor Made w/ 1-3/4 headers 537 horse and 549 ft lbs torque. We Calculated with 2" headers It would have been 557 HP. And This dyno is at least 10hp on the conservative side. Only reason we didnt test the engine with the 2" TTi headers is they didn't fit on their Dyno.

1977 400
Edelbrock 84cc heads Milled and Stage II port
Torque plate Bored 60 over
square decked and line honed
Block was sonic checked
69 440 forged Steel crank
Windage tray
HV oil pump
KB 251 Stroker pistons lightened and balanced
MP 509 Cam 292/292 509/509 @114
New 6 pac intake new carbs and air cleaner all inkages and fuel lines
New 1.6 roller rockers
Smith Brothers push rods
LY rods ARP rod bolts
Rotating assy ballenced to .2 tenths of a gram.
Milodon Oil Pan and pick up
:Fresh Meds:

I know I havent been around for a bit But ya'll are always on my mind. This Board is the best out there Thanks XL:dance:

Last edited:
nice :bravo: is that an aluminum water pump and water pump housing ?

You gotta like that..!!

by the way...you should tack weld the fan mounting plate on that MP water pump to the shaft..!!! They fall off and make a mess..!!

71dusterman said:
"Mopar Performance Aluminum water pump housing and pump"

Ibelieve that is what he said. :p

:doh: my bad it was early in the morning :) :bravo:

Rob R said:
You gotta like that..!!

by the way...you should tack weld the fan mounting plate on that MP water pump to the shaft..!!! They fall off and make a mess..!!

Im gonna be getting an electric water pump to replace that pump, and its gonna get a electric fan off a ferd Taurus THEY REALLY PUSH SOME AIR Guaranteed :gaga:

Gotta love them strokers, I may be just a tiny bit partial though.

Sweet setup you have there,
3.gif
can't imagine how it will be in that Dart, all I can say is hang on!

Not to good Ryan been sick as Hell for the last 7 months. Had a real BAD viral infection that tore me a new asshole, 6 months later I get better and started exercising to try to gain back my strength and I tore my fuckin achillies tendon:doh:[smilie=l: Hows things been with you? I just got sick and tired w/ the Moparts whining and bickering.......So I decided to work on the car some now that Im feeling somewhat better.

I saw that you were gettin the goody post some shit a few weeks a go... GOOD FOR YOU

Ah man, sorry to hear that. We miss ya in the Chat room, most the old guys are still in there.

So you actually accomplish something when not online? Guess I gotta try that some time...

Yeah, people don't tend to like the truth when brought up, like in Goody's posts.

Glad to see you up and about, drop me a line if you wanna come to the new hangout.

Ryan

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back