Well, at least the worst part is done...

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
Hi all,

Traded into a 48k mile '78 Fury Salon (yeah a 4-dr, but I like um) last week and it turned out the brakes werent releasing. That and the booster was leaking. I figured it was the booster all along but it turned out to need a Mater Cyl. too. I HATE replacing those dang things! Mainly cause you are working under the dash, some of the nuts are hard to reach and its a general PITA.

For asthetics and the fact I had GOOD parts on a parts car out back, I used a 2-bolt booster and Master off a Volare. Bolts right up, no mods required. OK maybe some brake line bendage, but not that much.

Also had to replace the fuel line and filter, and after that I took it out for a bit. Runs pretty good, dont wander or anything. Motor also sounds good but it runs rich with that lameburn. Stock electronic coming soon before I officially put it on the streets. Also need to replace the w-shield and find a friggin good cam-style wiper bushing, as mine disintegrated. The only one that I've got good is a non-delay style on the '78 2-dr (There IS a motor shaft difference, DAMHIK) [smilie=l:

With this car, my late B collection grows by one to 7. I'm gonna corner the market on these suckers for sure, the Fury/Coronet/Monaco line anyway. I like the Dobas and Magnums but not as much as these cars. Here are mine:

'75 Road Runner (yeah a rear Road Runner!), 318-2v
'75 Coronet Brougham 2-dr parts car
'76 Fury 4-dr
'77 Monaco 4-dr, back burner project
'78 Fury 4-dr A38 parts car (rusted floors)
'78 Fury Salon 4-dr, 318-2v
'78 Monaco 2-dr, also back burner project

Yanno, the funny thing is is this is the LOWEST mile car I've ever owned! Before that it was like 76k or something. That includes my '95 Dakota, it has 146k on it.

Traded um off, only A-Body that I've got at the place is a '74 Dart Sport 318. Got a '73 Swinger parts car too but thats in a buddys field.

Traded the Sport Fury GT for my '73 Truck below, that '74 Dart Sport above, a '79 3/4 ton Club Cab with a 360 and an '82 4wd SWB (which I traded away, got screwed, but turned around and nailed him with the low miles Fury). Here is my list as of now:

'69 Fury III 'vert
'71 Charger
'72 Newport Custom 4-dr HT
'73 D-100 SWB
'74 Monaco 4-dr
'74 Dart Sport 318
'75 Road Runner
'75 Coronet Brougham 2-dr parts car
'76 Fury 4-dr
'77 Monaco 4-dr
'77 NYB 4-dr
'78 Fury Salon 4-dr
'78 Fury 4-dr A38
'78 Monaco 2-dr
'79 D-200 Club Cab
'80 Gran Fury 4-dr parts car
'80 LeBaron LS
'85 D-150 LWB Royal SE
'86 D-150
'95 Dakota

What the flock?! Who the hell?! Is it really?

*regains composure*

Jamie. Really, I'm disappointed...I figured you would have at least 50 cars by now. :D

Whew, that's about 40 ton's'o'fun. I thought the earths gravity had shifted somehow.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back