Viper 6 Speed

44070Swinger

I Had a friend that owed me a favor and he has 3 of these
efe99d91.jpg

so he gave me a screaming deal on one of them.
boogie.gif

I'm gonna start building a 372 fuel injected 340 stroker for my 68 GTS clone.
f003d505.jpg

As soon as its finished I would like to take this car on the Hotrod Power tour and the viper 6 speed will be a blessing.

I dont have a problem w/ trans tunnel mods at all,what I want to do is modify this car to the 20th century technology ie.. suspension, ignition, fuel injection, and up-date the interior but nothing too radical. I'm going with the scatter shield, the placement of the shifter is darn near what the factory A-bodies are SO that being said. I wonder if anyone can make a shifter can stuff under the A-body 4 speed console W/O cutting it up. I am looking to build THEE perfect cruiser w/ this car and I have a set of 3:55 and 3:23 for the 8 3/4.

My 70 Is comming to a finish and the 511 is a bit too radical for constant street driving, the 68 Is going to be the cruisin marchine this is gonna be RELLY FUN AND EXCITING CAR TO BUILD

WOW! Very cool plan.

Q. What kind of friend has 3 6-speed Viper trannies lying around?
A. Your BEST friend. :lol:

As for the shifter, I suppose anything is possible. I'd expect that one would need to have eyes on the final install to figure out what would fit and what would need to be fab'd.

id suspect that if the placement of the shifter is close then its going to be easy but i will make one sugjestion to make it easyer...a short throw shifter ..this way you can mod it and still have a very tight pattern allowing you to add a very long arm in just about any shape needed...what would be realy cool is to use a short throw and graft to it a stock looking arm..shure you will loose some of the benifit of a short thro but its the short throw that will keep you from hacking a stock console

Need to Modify a lakewood yourself or call Keisler and they have a scattershield/aluminum bell housing and a hydraulic T/O bearing assy.and just bolt it up and start shifting 6-gears

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back