Torque convertor

greg73cuda

hey gang. whats up.

this has been quite a winter. I'm so dam sick of snow i could puke. but Feb is just about over & its CUDA time again.

If you remember my last race of the year I tore another flex plate apart. I ordered & received MP race flex plate & its a thing of beauty. A massive beefy solid circle of a flex plate just beggin to be beat on. I'll be pulling the transmission in the next couple of weeks & i've decided to replace my torque convertor. The one i'm using now was built locally but i'm not going that route this time. I was running a 3500 stall but i'd like to step it up to 4000 - 4200 & also change out my 4.10 to a taller gear. we run mostly 1/8th mile & my current set up isn't giving 3rd gear a chance.

What performace convertors are you guys running. any recomondations.

Thanks
Greg73cuda

I run a TCS converter 8" 4000 stall and with the wieght of my Aspen i get a 5000 flash.I also run a 4.30 gear with a 29x9 Hoosier slick.
My best 60' so far is 1.52

The only automatic I have is buried behind the Conquest somewhere... and that's where it'll stay until someone buys it. :D

Seriously: Coan, PTC, and TCI all make good units. I've only run the TCI but have heard good about the others. Turbo Action was Chrysler's factory choice for a couple of decades, too.

Avoid GER, B&M, and local trans-shop specials like they've been dipped in HIV. GER's service and quality are substandard and B&M stuff isn't designed for serious racing. Local places can get the stall speed up on a factory unit, but they're horribly inefficient once they stall.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back