These guys keep getting bolder...

mr340

I don't always drink beer, but when I do
Got this in a hotmail E-mail, I am not nor was I ever or will I ever be a customer of this institution... The part in red is the real kicker, Anyone that is dumb enough to think that is legit should keep their money in a sock.......:doh:
Dear Washington Mutual Customer,
We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Washington Mutual Internet Banking account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and of the Washington Mutual network is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.
To restore your account access, please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:
1. Login to your Washington Mutual Internet Banking account. In case you are not enrolled for Internet Banking, you will have to use your Social Security Number (without spaces or dashes) as both your Personal ID and Password and fill in all the required information, including your name and account number.
2. Review your recent account history for any unauthorized withdrawals or deposits, and check your account profile to make sure not changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account, report this to Washington Mutual sraff immediately.
To get started, please click on the link below:
https://login.personal.wamu.com/logon/logon.asp?dd=1&Update&Your&Info
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire Washington Mutual system. Thank you for your promt attention to this matter.
Sincerly,
The Washington Mutual Team

***Please do not respond to this e-mail. Mail sent to this assress cannot be answered.***
For Assistance, log in to your Washington Mutual account and choose the "Help" link in the header of any page
Message ID: 298956473928036 WAMU customer " user@isp.com "

That link is a java script as well.... nasty little trick that is.

As always, the way to beat this one is to go to the site and login as you normally would as opposed to clicking their link. That is, of course, if you are even a customer.

I've found out over the last year or two that I have bank accounts in every major financial institute in North America. I had no idea, but these helpful e-mails told me so.. ;)

dodgechargerfan said:
I dunno. I can't log in to see.... :p

Don't worry, I'll send yu an e-mail so you can transfer everything into m...ahem..YOUR new account.

Regards,
James Worthington Smithe
Kenya National Bank

I never respond to those things, I just found it funny, and quite bold of them to actually say that they were going to ask for ALL your personal information, and still have people fall for it....:doh:

if you miss a keystroke to your banks site there will be a few waiting for you. Don't use IE auto finish!

I get them all the time from "Chase" I work in financial you wouldn't believe some of the stuff people fall for.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back