The photo gallery is back.

dodgechargerfan

In a 55 gallon drum, floating down river, and
Staff member
Remember the "Garage"?
that turned into vBpicgallery?
that died with the upgrade?

It's back. There's still a few things to test out, but all should be functional.
It's the layout that may need a tweak here and there, but I wanted to get it up and running so we could see how it's working do far.

So, we're back to 3 solutions for pictures now. :D
I know. I know. WTH!?

Here's how I see it - I might have a different view than other and there aren't really any rules.. but here goes.

VB IMAGE Hosting is for hosting pics that you want to use in a post in the forums - but either don't want to upload them as an attachment and/or don't have any where else on the 'net to host them.. or don't want them in your flickr or photobucket account, or where ever. It's merely a convenient dumping ground for stuff to use here. (I don't care too much if you link back here from other sites as long as it doesn't get out of hand. It uses up bandwidth, adn while I don't really have a limit, the hosting company starts looking at me sideways if things get crazy.)

vBPicGallery (photogallery in the menu) started out as a "Garage" type of application where you could list our specs., tell a story, or whatever and post a bunch of pics to show off your cars. It still does all of that and that's where I see it continuing to fit into the overall site. More of a "show off" place. It got used for all kinds of other reasons - and that's okay, don't go tearing stuff out just because it doesn't fit this definition.

Now, the new board software came with an Albums solution. That's there and I'm not going to turn it off. It drives the pictures in the banner at the top. I see the albums as a place to put albums of stuff - like car show pics, project pics, etc - collections of stuff.. However, that wouldn't suit the banner as we really want that banner to show off our cars, right?

So, we could switch the banner over to use the content in vBPicGallery.
I'm going to try running both and see how it looks - as a test. Then we'll see what makes better sense. I think, though, that content is what's going to drive the choice.

Now, that I've got everyone confused...... I'm logging off for the day.. *runs*

but you said it yourself..scraping it all and starting fresh wouldnt solve it as you need to know what game code type is causeing them to not post

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back