That worked out great!

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
Yeah baby! I have an '82 RC that I traded a buddy of mine. He was originally going to put a 3/4 ton D-44 under it and I was getting the old 5 lug D-44 back. It was going under my '88 4wd yard truck so I could get rid of that dang CAD system. While it worked I'd rather have manual lockouts.

Well he changed his mind. Now I keep the 3/4 ton D-44. Has 4.10s in it to my original 3.21s. That coupled with that 4 speed should make one hell of a pulling rig. :giggedy:. Now I've gotta come up with the scratch to pick up a flatbed for $250. Its pretty nice actually and came off an '88 1 ton dodge.

I know it sounds like a lot of work but that thing will make a super yard puller and thats what I need around here, something like that.

just whack the vacuum motor toward the right side with a hammer for full time :D

I got a sweet cable system off ebay for $145 you can't touch factory parts, if you can find them, for that.

just whack the vacuum motor toward the right side with a hammer for full time :D

I got a sweet cable system off ebay for $145 you can't touch factory parts, if you can find them, for that.

Then there's mine with is full time all the time. :giggedy:

Now its debatable on what I'm going to do with it all. I found the underhood build sticker under the hood and one of the options it listed was "Limited Slip Differential". I knew it acted like it was a one wheel peeler, but I also knew the rearend had probs. Pull the cover off and sure enough, limited slip unit!

I may just rebuild the carrier (was told it was a clutch setup) and slap it back together as is. Sure would save a hell of alot of work swapping stuff around.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back