superbird anyone

He sold it a while back and it was supposed to go to Europe to race. The new owner dropped the ball and the was supposed to have been parted out... appears not, but who knows...

I have an article on that car around here somewhere.
eusa_think.gif

That's one bad ass bird.
eusa_dance.gif

love the car and i do know that originaly the carbon fiber molds went with it ..but were sold off sometime ago seperately

i checked around last night & found his site. looks like BK still has it. i didn't bid the big bucks for the bird althought it sure would be fun to campagin that thing on the track.

greg73cuda

More of the story:

I bought it in March 2003
I sold it in May 2004
The guy who bought it was to campaign in Europe's Pro Mod
A month later he wanted to sell me the roller -- I wasn't interested
It have been on Racing Junk and eBay many times
I bidded it to $40,000 -- and that's as high as I'd go
Be careful if you are buying the car. Call Dick Landy for the real story
Buyer Beware!
The guy who bought the molds (they were abandon for two years storage) will be building two full tube chassis 7-second cars with Superbird bodies -- and may sell bodies to others.

The guy who bought the molds is a guy by the name of Clint. He'll drive down here next weekeknd with a couple of guys and build crates for the molds -- then they'll rent a 24' U-Haul to cart them to Iowa -- (or was it Idaho). He appears to be a hardcore Mopar racer.

The cars they're building won't be as fast as the Texas Big Bird (a second slower) -- but that will cost them a lot less to run them.

This Clint is an artist who paints racecar graphics. He's gonna quote me to do the graphics on my www.BigRedRam.com car. http://www.daveschultz.com/palbum/showgallery.php?cat=512

2005Monster01.jpg

there seems to be a real trend in drag racing now with custom paint on door cars. the fans draw towards them taking alot of attention away from the rail dragsters, open body roadsters & alters. watch to see new classes in NHRA & IHRA to encourage more door cars in top sportsman. IMO.

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 14
Well I race this car in a class called Nostalgia Super Stock, which is how Ronnie Sox, Dick Landy, Bill Maverick, etc... raced the cars from 1960-1967. Most of the cars were named and had graphics -- but I'd just finished this one and haven't done the graphics on it yet. The artist is orking on the sketches -- and then I'll get it air brushed on the doors.

Of the 57 Cars running in NSS -- it is on of four with a 4-speed. If you like photos of NSS cars go to www.daveschultz.com/palbum and scroll down to the Drag Races category

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back