Started ANOTHER project! This one might get done though...

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
As if 5 projects werent enough! For some reason I got bored out here (hard to do isnt it?) and did some serious thinking! Thats pretty bad I know, it ends up with mixed results. Got to thinking how I was stopped on the 440 Stepside because of RUSTY floors. I've got patch metal fabricated just no way to weld it in (No 220 for my stick welder, doh!).

Anyway, back to thinking, I started thinking about this pile of parts I've got out here, got enough to build a second Truck almost! So, yup, thats what I'm going to do George! Build another Truck.

Earlier this year I bought an '86 R/SE LWB 1/2 ton 2wd for $300, and why not, it ran, though badly, and drove, though badly again, worn out suspension. Bed was kinda rusty but good trailer bed material. Drivers fender bent but thats okay, core support came out okay, pass. fender is nice! Cab and doors are nice too! I immediately yanked the cab and frontend off it and they have been sitting ever since.

Where is this going? NOT back on the old frame thats for sure. I've also got a '74 SWB out here, NO option Truck, had a Slant six/ 3 on the tree, but I found a car 318 and 904 in it. Even has manual steering! BUT, the chassis is solid! Body? dont even think about it! Its 3 colors of green (original), a flat green, and pink (BONDO!), mostly pink. There is NOT a straight or non-rusty panel on it (okay the hood and cowl are okay but I've got a million bird bath hoods).

So most of yesterday and today I've been stripping the body off the chassis. I love being able to toss the parts in a scrap pile, Monster Garage style! The only thing that remains on the rolling chassis is the Bed, and drivetrain.

I did pull a Dip_Wagon on it though. Needed the chassis moved back to the alley, so I put the steering column back onto the shaft, wired up a points dist to the relay (left the relay on the Truck with the starter wiring), cranked it up and drove it out back, sitting on the gas tank! Kinda like a Dune-Buggy! Oh yeah Rad. was still in it but the WP was not hooked up!

I wish I had a camera for this!

So, Next I'm gonna jerk the bed off it, pull the drivetrain and go to town putting the '86 cab and frontend on it. I'll probably have to buy a bed but thats no big deal.

Now then, for the drivetrain, its all up in the air! In another deal I got another 440, complete with Pan and pickup. Motor is wet so its locked. In the shed I've got another 440, sans pan, out of a Van. I've also got a trans.

Thats drivetrain one.

Drivetrain two is an '80 E-58 360 out of a Gran Fury cop car. It runs good and the trans is also good. I could swap a Truck pan onto this one and run it as well. I've got SB stuff for Trucks out the wazoo too. One advantage of this is that I could run A/C without major fabrication, compressors are the same between Truck and cop car. I'd also do a little bit better on gas than a 440.

Goal of Truck number two is to have a Cruiser that can suprise a few Ricers at a light.

Whaddya think, Build another 440 Truck or make this '86 a 360?

Jamies440 said:
Started ANOTHER project! This one might get done though...

Ok, who can spot the keyword in that phrase????:hmmm:

beeper*71 said:
I have no idea what I just read. Little help here? Bueller? Bueller?
:bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha:

beeper*71 said:
I have no idea what I just read. Little help here? Bueller? Bueller?

Re-arranging the junk........

...again.

:toot:

"sans pan, out of a Van. I've also got a trans." good work Mr. Geisel;)

Having fun on less than a month's payment of a new ride. :clap: Do what you wanna do. 220 couldn't be that hard (do you have a dryer?) if thats all thats stopping the step-side project.

Be sure to clean up the muffler bearings while the tin is off, you can get right to them then. Ill take that 440 off your hands if you go puny block.:hmmm:

cb-junkyard.jpg

:bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha::bwuhaha:

Oh I knew who it was alright. I havnt watched Hee Haw since I lived in mitchell county thank god.:clap:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back