• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

SO MUCH WANT!!!

That is a shame, but by the time I shipped it home I can buy a running, driving truck. If it were a crew cab, on the other hand...

Last edited:
I meant the Alfa.. I guess I just assumed it was a basket case since it's in an Alfa's native environment.. on the back of a tow truck. I wish I could check it out, I've never seen a gtv6 without electrical problems or switchgear that broke off in your hand. I think they're awesome cars, just never seen a good one. That is a sweet crewcab. If you were closer, I'd snatch that up quick.

71 no worrys .."if" it were a 4dr theres no way id part it being a 74 means no emissions testing here..but a 75 does..and a solid 4dr is hard to come by....in all honesty i got the truck for better than free..i was paid to take it plus registration swap was paid for...in the end i figure i was paid about 350$ to take it

iron...IF you ever get out this way ill show you what a nice alfa is..and since you worked on em i might even let you drive...ZERO crunch of 2nd gear...every switch works..mind you the mirror switch was replaced with a BMW unit thats hidden in the shift boot, i even went thru and bushed the linkage and made it shorter throw, the trick being using some of the iso shift bits specificly the shifter..she has ALL of the goodies youd ever want, but so does my fully sorted 76 fetta which also has all of the best on it, the 77 which is the nicest alfa ive ever seen just needs a new home but that car is esscentialy NEW

There's no emissions testing for anything older than 25 here. There's talk of eliminating state inspections all together, and I'm okay with it.

thats the way it was here..the perminant 20 year+..then in 1994 when my 74 lincoln went thru no emissions they capped it ..75 n newwer must go thru ....washington is working on doing away with it..everyone here hopes we follow suit.....but it deffinatly makes the 72-74 dodge trucks n vans twice as valuable as a 75-80

'71, Maryland doesn't have a yearly safety inspection. They have a safety inspection that's mandatory when you sell your car... to another Marylander. Let me tell you as the recipient of automobiles purchased from Maryland, you want your state to keep a yearly safety inspection. It's a pain in the ass, sure. You'll find a slack inspection station like I do, sure. But it keeps the absolute dregs off of the roads, out of your rear bumper, and out of your wallet when you buy one of these hunks of shit. The wormhole goes deep on a car that hasn't had to be poked at once a year by some "technician". Like it or not, a mandatory yearly inspection will save you at least $500 in parts on every car you buy. I've seen rear brake lines smashed with a hammer because the wheel cylinders leaked, I've seen leaf springs held in with ratchet straps, and I've seen a freshly bought used car sink around its shock towers from rust on my lift.. I had to use a pry bar to pull the pucks back out of the rockers.

out here we have no inspection..nothing..just a sniff of the exhaust or a read of the obd depending on year

that said tho...an alfa left in a field after a fire for neer 20 years was still rust free when i dragged it home..aside from the typical 2 spots aat the corners of the front and rear windows..."big" cars and trucks out here are just SOLID...aint no inspections needed our cars are never that bad...our BEACH cars dont look as bad as the shit i saw on the road when i was in michigan.....the rust i fix on alfas are the ones that got tarped.....and or brought from other states

Sausage man, don't think just because we have inspections that mean vehicles are inspected. It's just a hassle, no more than plugging in the OBD connector. Older cars are still spun on the dyno, but it's still only emissions. Besides, they only do state inspections in DFW, Houston, San Antonio and Austin areas.

We have no inspections in AL. I don't mean we "just" check this or that, I mean NOTHING. Of course, cars pretty much don't ever rust away down here. So few accidents are caused by mechanical failures that it's probably statistically insignificant. However, in the states that do have inspections, no doubt the revenue generated is significant, and it employs significant numbers of people to administer the program.

actualy washington state issued a notice that they were going to be phasing the whole thing out as they were losing money on it in the end on top of "inconveniencing" the public, the revenue generated "broke even" and when you added in software updates etc they found they were loosing money

over here 75 to new just gets a tail pipe sniff or obd plug..no dyno(that went away within a year or 2 of implimentation due to damages to wheels and AWD's)...but if your car is 15+?(maybe its 20 now) you can register it for "special interest" which has no milage exceptions and NEVER expires...tho your restricted to tuning, parades, club events, special ocasions, and a few other things...basicly your not allowed to daily drive it but i know MANY an alfa guy who dailys there 164's and gtv6s on those plates and have been for a decade now with no issues

my gtv6 barely like on the fail line..passed emissions(yeah i know an alfa passing WTF) to which they said, you know let me run it again..slightly better results, "i bet if you put new cats on it it would pass nicely" other guy hey let me take a look at those for you......im running straight pipes... oh it has no cats we have to fail you even tho it passed.......down i went and got special plates and havnt looked back...had one cop baffled in BC looking at the plate..boarder patrol asked me about it once but outside of that nothing

Don't get me wrong, I hate getting an inspection.. Only fully registered cars have to (not antique plates). All of mine qualify as antiques, but you have to keep at least one fully registered vehicle to have any antique plates.. You can also get in a world of shit if they catch you driving your antiques daily (like I do..) but that's if the cop's got it out for you. I keep two fully registered, my truck because they don't like you getting lumber and towing stuff as an antique, and my newer Volvo wagon, so I don't get pinched on road trips. I still road trip everything. I'll even go across state lines, but If I'm going to stay somewhere and take the dog, I drive the wagon. At any rate, they've got to be inspected every year, which is a pain. But I'm friends with an inspector, and he knows how my stuff's maintained so he doesn't actually check the car over. Normally it's a 45-60 minute process. They check the brakes, suspension, wipers, windows, doors, defrost, airbag light, red brake light, exterior lights, hoses, belts, emissions equipment, etc. Certainly it gets revenue for the shop, but even though some people skirt the process, it also keeps the absolute dregs off of the road. I live near West Virginia, the clapped out taped together crap you see people driving there never ceases to amaze me. The Ford Festiva is the state car of West Virginia. You wouldn't believe the condition of some of them rolling around.

We're like Alabama in we don't have the rust issues of the northeast so we don't have rusty parts falling off. We can get "antique" plates too, haven't spoken to anyone about them, but I'm not going to run them just for potential issues I want to drive my cars whenever I want to drive them. Besides it doesn't matter here, the inspection on my '91 Firebird will be the same as the one on my '69 Valiant, horn, wipers and lights. I can cut the cat off my '91 Firebird and no one will even look to see if it's still there, that's part of the reason I considered dropping a in a real Poncho engine.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back