• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

SO MUCH WANT!!!

71ChargerRT

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5890375496.html
"1963 dodge crew cab built on a 1977 dodge motor m500 chassis with a 440 & 727 trans with hydro boost disc brakes. chassis was professionally Lengthened to 221 inch wheelbase with bed, ramps, boxes, chains, binders & 12k winch. very solid & clean it hauls & runs great.
currently register & insured as a 63 dodge 3/4 ton truck. comes with extra tires & misc parts might take 18ft + trailer as trade."

It's the perfect recipient for the Cummins/NV5600 that's in my truck.

Attachments

• 63Dodge1.jpg
    63Dodge1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 63Dodge2.jpg
    63Dodge2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 63Dodge3.jpg
    63Dodge3.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 63Dodge4.jpg
    63Dodge4.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 63Dodge5.jpg
    63Dodge5.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 32
That's been showing up on my craigslist too.. it's in Butler, PA.. Want me to go check it out? You know you want it..

It's only about three and a half hours northeast of me.. Just north of Shitsburg. If anybody's serious, I'm on vacation until Jan 18th

Last edited:
And a '72-up sheetmetal conversion. Those pre-'72 four-doors are ghastly. You can't jackhammer the ugly off those things.

Would the sheet metal fit without major mods? I'm sure it would knowing dodge. ;) There are some early 60's front ends I don't mind....but not many.

considering they modded out a motorhome chassis for it....all youd need to do is hang new body mounts as for the truck itself..its not to far from what i have in the driveway....mines a 2dr..so there goes all the ugly..my sleeper cab is bigger..due to the lack of 4dr;s i have more room for a car(that wagon fit on the back!!!!), i have 2 sets of the ramps too and matching trailer...i also put the early cool hood and the even earlier quad headlight face on it they did a chassis stretch..mine was ordered that way....but i have the same MH axles fixed to go under it which will make my tire.wheel choises open up(and discs are nice) and a beefy 440...oh mines a 4spd syncro NON granny low..i just need an OD unit for it

I know the sheetmetal's totally different. The cab structure is made of sheetmetal, y'know... :doh: Simply scrap everything above the frame and start over with something that used four specific doors. I don't mind some of the front clips on the earlier trucks either, but those back doors ruin the entire truck--and there's no way to fix them. Crush the entire horrifying cab and get a '72-up "six pack" cab instead.

If I got a Swepty I'd want the earlier front end, like this truck.

And this one...

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 27
If I got a Swepty I'd want the earlier front end, like this truck.

And this one...
Some one did a lot of work to get the dual lamped Dodge fitting that well... those things are horrendous.
...But cool as shit!
Brother in law out west has a '61 Power Wagon, short box Sweptline that just oozes cool...

attachment.php

That thing is friggin cool!!!:cool:

That's an Icon, that company takes old American trucks, and makes them not only super capable, but as plush as they can be within the confines of their original shell. They're very well done, and very expensive.

That's an Icon, that company takes old American trucks, and makes them not only super capable, but as plush as they can be within the confines of their original shell. They're very well done, and very expensive.

Ahhh one of those. I have seen them for sale a couple times, usually in the 100-200K dollar range.

Yeah. He does things like have all new switchgear made for them based on his own designs. The cool thing is, unless you had been in one of these trucks, you'd never know he did it. He keeps everything fairly vintage looking.

I like the basket case playing piggy back as well

which one..the rampy on that 22 tilter making the f350 look tiny? or the perfectly running gtv6 in need of a parking spot?...only thing that 6 needs is dyno tuning...but i was doing runs to victoria and back in it ALOT.....car still has less than 80k on it, with new brakes, suspension, transaxle, clutch, guibos, tires all done a couple years ago..its a factory "leftover" ballocco ...i wouldnt hessitate for a second to drive it to the otherside of the world thats how sorted it is...not even any electrical gremlins.....tho i would like to switch to some good looking 16s and a set of falkens cause at this point the tires are holding back the suspension and brakes..i should also note the only rust on it is the spot above the passenger front shock towwer innner fenderwell...you know the spot im sure

that 1974 creamcicle runs..just...and ex friend ran it into the ground, while the bodys nice, the trans is slipping, the engine a total waste, im at about 75% im going to part it out and resurect my ramcharger with it as i need a "parts" truck for mostly TONS of hardware and lots of little things..be a sad thing to do to such a nice clubcab but at the same time ive no desire to dump money into it when end result the ramptruck would replace it for hauling..and the ramcharger for winter/fun duty

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back