Smacked by a virus

beeper*71

This space for rent
'Putor got infected yesterday morning with a nasty virus. Got it back from the shop tonight and all better now. :)

They cleaned it all up and got rid of the AVG and replaced it with Avast, we'll see how that works out. According to the repair shop AVG isn't as effective as it once was and the Avast has proven itself to work well.

Was a real bummer to see my machine taken over by that crap, first time I've had it happen and hopefully the last. :helpme:

I've been saying AVG was crap for years, and yet my cheap-ass company still depends on it. I've found tons of stuff with Norton Corporate that AVG missed over the past several years. Retail Norton is something for which I have no use, but the Corporate version has been small, streamlined, and effective for a decade.

Yup, they are getting better or I'm getting old and slower. Spent most of last evening cleaning up Lisa's, she had "Home Antivirus 2010" ride in on "braviax".

I'm running Norton (360:huh:)again on my machine, mom bought it and it can be run on 3 machines. Seems much more friendly than earlier versions.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back