• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

slant six 2 bbl manifold

ntvbld

tattoed hippy gearhead
looking for a 2bbl manifold and carb with hardware (linkages cables etc) for a 225 slant six

I have a complete Super Six motor that I pulled out of a running driving rust bucket a month ago, came out of a 1980 LeBaron, engine is the mechanical lifter (adjustable) type, No Smoke, No Noises. Prefer to sell complete. PRICE=$250. Contact= toyolet23@hotmail.com Motor is located in S/E Ohio. :) :) :)

Question? did the super six come with a two barrel carb or did they come with singles?

Super six is a two barrel, hence the super, I've heard there was a Hyper pack, with a 4 barrel, in the early 60's in a Shelby? Valiant. Anyone heard of or seen one of these animals?

Thanks 71 so I do have a two barrel, My problem is I have three 225 and not sure if I want to put it back in or not?
I really would like to put a 318 or 360 but I need cash for that.
How much is it worth?​

Super 6's were late 225's with the 318 style 2bbl.
The mid to late 60's 225 1bbl. was called a SUPER 225.
Shelby was beating around California Road Courses when CHRYSLER engineers came out with the Hyper Pack for the 225. It came with a LONG Ram 1-4bbl manifold. It also had Factory CAST IRON split exhaust set at 120 degree firing by mating the Front 3 cylinders together and then the Rear 3 together. This package also came with an all aluminum block but the 40 lbs savings never helped out much in the Horse Power department.
The original focus was to pace the Valiant against the Falcon against the Corvair at Daytona in an all-out run'm'till'they'break nonstop contest put on by MOBIL Oil. A spin off of the annual "MOBIL GAS ECONOMY RUN" back then.
Oh yah, I forgot to mention, the Valiants ran away with that entire show.

Just a heads-up Chrysler engineers pushed a 225 Slant/6 to 275 dyno horse power in the 60's but THIS Super 6 Package was never released because some Whiny Ass Engineers didn't want the 273 Commando or Charger package to be over shadowed by a SIX, especially getting 2 more miles to the gallon to boot.
Many important /6 racing mods came out of this era. Like the FACT that a 2 - 2bbl. intake like the 2 - 1bbl intake that was available aftermarket back then, showed the BEST and most equal cylinder feeding of all manifolds including the LONG 4bbl Hyper Pac Manifold. Someone (Clifford?) has come out with a twin 2V Weber manifold for the Leaning Tower of Power but the price with carbs is WAY OUT THERE....
Downfall of the /6 is the head. The 180 degree intake / exhaust route is a weak point. Limits a Naturally Aspirated Slant to a max 6700 rpms, and THAT requires some porting that would make MONDELO sit up and take notice.
A flow through head would do wonders.
Ford 300-6 racers have an advantage where they can shave off one end cylinder from 2 - 351 heads, bond them togather in the center and BOLT that right on a 300-6.
Now next time the Slant 6 Shootout comes to town, or even if you have to drive 2 hours to get there. GO! You'll be amazed.

LONG LIVE THE SLANT/6....

Terry

I always shove the POSs in the iron.
Never had one that didn't overheat when pulling a heavy load.
Sure, they SEEM impressive, but work them hard and they puke.

Actually have 2 here that are blown up right now, POSs.

A properly running V-8 gets better mileage than the slant pile, too.

Mark.

I have a spare 2bbl and I would love a 318 or 360 to put in my 80 Volare`
I have one online but need to sell some parts to get it.

Mark, I have a '78 d100 with the factory /6 in it that won't overheat no matter what. I pulled a bobcat on a fairly heavy trailer one time in the middle of the AL summer. There were hills that it took at 4 mph-foot on the floor in 1st gear. NEVER once overheated. In fact, the only /6 that I ever succeeded in overheating was in a '76 4 door dart with a severely plugged radiator, in the dead of summer, at 80 mph or so. It still didn't strand me-I just pulled over, shut it off, waited till the exhaust manifold quit glowing, and started it back up. No kidding-that's really what happened. I'd venture to say that any engine will overheat towing if something's off in the cooling system. Properly cooled, they don't run hot any more than other engines, and probably less. I should know-I've owned quite a few of them over the years. Still one of my favorite engines for not giving a bunch of trouble, even when not maintained like they should be.

I'll agree that they're not mileage masters in stock form, though if tuned correctly they can be. It's also true that a properly tuned mild 318 can give them a run in the mileage dept. But, most times it turns out that people getting better mileage with a 318 are comparing a well-tuned 318 to a stock and/or untuned /6. Hell, I have a cummins that will outpower almost any 318 on the planet while getting better mileage than most of them in a vehicle twice as heavy. All with 266k on the clock. That doesn't mean the 318 is junk-they were used for different purposes, and the cost gap between the two was enormous.

I've seen a few /6's with holes in the block where a rod came through. I've also seen some 318's and 360's in the same condition. Only difference I'm aware of is that the /6 would often still run afterwards...

v8440 said:
I've seen a few /6's with holes in the block where a rod came through. I've also seen some 318's and 360's in the same condition. Only difference I'm aware of is that the /6 would often still run afterwards...

I used to drive a 76 pick-up /6 4 spd (windowed block) around the yard with the starter and a fresh battery, :Fresh Meds:

Last edited:
Mark, could you be more clear? I am not sure what you were trying to say.... *snickers* *runs away to find back bacon*

3 lbs? and a beer in a tree EDIT< oooh 4

Bob: Ok g'day. This is the Christmas part of the album, you can play this at your Christmas partys uh, or to yourself on Christmas eve if there is nothing else to do
Doug: G'day eh? in case you thought like I wasn't on this part.
Bob: Oh i guaranty ya, you'd be on.
Ok so good day, this is the Christmas part, and we're gonna tell ya what to get your true love for Christmas.
Doug: Look out the window!
bob: Where? Whaddya doin?
Doug:Snow!
Bob: Oh it's the great white north, and it's snowin cuz its Christmas time.
Hey, hoser! heres a quiz.. quiz for Doug:
Doug: Ok, I got my thinking toque on!
Bob: Yeah, right. What are the 12 days of Christmas?
Doug: Um.
Bob: Cuz figure it out , right? Christmas is when?
Doug: The 25th.
Bob: Right, well whats the 24th? Xmas eve, right.
Doug: Thats 2.
Bob: Then , whats after that?
Doug: Wrestling day
Bob: No.
Doug: Boxing day.
Bob: Thats 3. Then whats after that? Nothin'.
Doug: New years.
Bob: 4.
Doug: New years eve.
Bob: 5. Where da ya get 12?
Doug: Uh... theres 2 sat's and sun's in there , 4. Thats 9 and 3 other days which i believe are the mystery days.
Ok, this is our Christmas song, in case ya don't know what to get someone for Christmas.
Doug: Theres lotsa ideas in here, so listen and don't get stuck. By the way , thats me on the organ.
Bob: Ok geeze.
Doug: Ok, you start.
Song Lyrics

Bob: Ok, on the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
beer.
On the 2nd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
2 turtlenecks,
and beer.
On the 3rd day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
3 french toast,
2 turtlenecks,
and beer.
There should be more there, eh?
Where?
On the 4th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
4lbs of backbacon,
3 french toast,
2 turtlenecks,
and beer in a tree.
Oh. See? ya need more.
On the 5th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
5 GOLDEN TOQUES!
4lbs of backbacon,
3 french toast,
2 turtlenecks,
and beer in a tree.
On the 6th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
6 packs of two-four.
5 GOLDEN TOQUES!
4lbs of backbacon,
3 french toast,
2 turtlenecks,
and beer in a tree.
Ok.
On the 7th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
7 packs of smokes,
6 packs of two-four,
5 GOLDEN TOQUES!
4lbs of backbacon,
3 french toast,
2 turtlenecks,
and beer in a tree.
oh, i keep forgettin'.
whew, this should be just the 2 days of xmas, this is too hard for us!
On the 8th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me..
8 comic books,
7 packs of smokes,
6 packs of two-four,
5 GOLDEN TOQUES!
4lbs of backbacon,
3 french toast,
2 turtlenecks,
and beer in a tree.
Wow,That beers empty
Day 12.
G'day and welcome to day 12.
Yeah.
5 GOLDEN TOQUES!
4lbs of backbacon,
3 french toast,
2 turtlenecks,
and beer in a tre-e.
Where did you learn to do that?
Uh, Albums.
Boy, so thats our song merry Christmas, and g'day.
G'day everybody. Happy new years.
Ok, ya know what ya left out?
What?
Donuts. I told you to get me donuts.
Oh no!
Either on the 9th day, or the 10th day or the 11th day. I wanted donuts.
The song is over merry Christmas everybody, or the 12th you coulda gotten me a dozen donuts.
Go to the stores and get some presents. You coulda gone down to the donut shop where you buy a dozen donuts, you get another donut free. Then it coulda been 13 for the 13 days of Christmas.
Next Christmas, get me a chainsaw.
Take off!
Boy that song was a beauty.. it moved me.
Yah , it ranks up there with stairway to heaven. What?

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back