Scored some parts for my '88 shorty!

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
Hey all,

Been working on the '88 lately. But, on Saturday since my latch was busted on the left side vent wing, and on my '89 parts truck AND my '88 4wd, I decided to go to the JY and look around for some parts. I knew he had a '90 out there as well as a '91, both longbeds. The '90 was missing a few parts and the '91 was half-ass complete. Also wanted to look at the mirrors on both since they were the big ones that I wanted for my shorty (mine has the little bitty low line stockers on it).

Well frick, they were gone on both trucks! SOB! oh well.

Anyway he said $5 bucks for the glass that I needed and then $5 bucks for the '91 door panels (grey, hand crank windows). Mine arent bad but the drivers side I found out today was broken and I'm going grey on the interior.

I pulled the panels and the wing and then noticed that the radio harness was seperate from the main one. awesome! My Truck didnt have a radio, only a Mopar-logo'd one and wasnt wired for door or rear speakers. I was able to snag the radio harness without much trouble and then I also snagged the dome light harness which had the rear speaker wiring as part of it. That and the door speakers were only $5 bucks

So, $15 bucks later I got a nice set of grey door panels, the vent wing I needed, and a complete radio harness including the rear cab harness, and the door speakers with brackets.

The door speakers are in and working, I just have to add a 2-pin connector to the main harness that my Truck didnt have (imagine that the connectors with pins are still there, just taped up), and then find the rear speakers I need.

I'm hoping to roll on up there on Friday after I get my paycheck and snag the dash out of the '91, as mine isnt cut out for A/C, as well as the air box, as the one in my '89 is probably pretty nasty by now.

And, speaking of my '89, I'll probably pull a few exterior parts off it like the tailgate, taillights, grille, bumper, etc and junk the rest. I'll also pull the A/C compressor and underhood lines, as well as the condenser and radiator.

Hopefully I can get pics pretty soon, if I can get my camera working!

When I was working on the power wagon I spent a lot of time looking for truck door panels and the like, so I know what a great find all that was. sounds like
you are making headway :)

someone has to ask: "Jaime, why are you still going to junkyards?"

All kidding/jealousy aside, it looked like a good day in Sycamore.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back