Scored me a 360-4v today!

Jamies440

Divorced Bird
Hey all,

Took a junk old Ferd aerostar Van to the yard today, got $300 out of that. Not bad for a $100 investment. Still have yet to get around $65 or so out of the Cat converters and the wheels but thats okay.

But anyway, yesterday when my buddy went and picked up his Red Ram hemi, I noticed a just hauled in '86 longbed, a Royal SE. I pop the hood and it has a 360-4v in it! Didnt think too much of it, didnt think I'd get it thats for sure, but today I priced it, $95 for the motor, $55 for the trans!

I had to get it loose but that was okay. I'm used to manually pulling stuff from that yard (a $45 9 1/4 SG rearend from under a bedless D-100, and an A-500OD from under an '88 conversion van (that was behind another WITH a big Truck sans motor stacked on top of them both).

Wasnt sure of the condition of the motor but he said he had two guys swear it was a good one. 727, unknown. I went ahead and went for them both, got them as an assembly, and the motor is carb (Quadrajunk) to pan with all linkages, Kickdown, etc on it. I hooked a battery up to it in the garage and it sturns over nicely, no knocks or anything. I think for $150 I did pretty good!

Plans for this motor/trans is dropping it into my '85 D-150, replacing the '79 360-2 thats in it now, which has a bad 727 behind that.

$150 for motor AND trans??? Damn!! Wish I could come across a Jeep 4.0 motor for even twice that price!!:gaga:

$150 for motor AND trans??? Damn!! Wish I could come across a Jeep 4.0 motor for even twice that price!!:gaga:

My cousin just picked up an old Jeep Sport with a 4.0 for like $350...lucky bastard :mad:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back