Racy car...

beeper*71

This space for rent
Took the RR to the local street drags last Friday night. It's a just for fun event run on the 300 ft front stretch of the local roundy round track once a month.
It's a double elimination deal and after easily knocking off my first 4 competitors the end came soon after. My first loss was to a local shop owner whom I'm aquainted with and his 427 Cobra, the Cobra leapt off the line and I panicked and spun the tires 3/4 of the way down the track in a mad effort to catch up..didn't work.:D

Next round was against a ho-hum mid eightys Camaro and in my eagerness to dispense of it and get to the next round I jumped early and thereby ended my night, of course the car actually hooked that round..best of the night. :doh: :wall:

All in all it was good fun and my co-pilot for the night (my best friends daughter) was all smiles after her first ride in a "fast" car. :cool:

Just had some pics sent to me, thought I would share.

Attachments

• DSCF1288.JPG
    DSCF1288.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF1290.JPG
    DSCF1290.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 35
looks like you had a great time. i need some better wheels so i can do that with my aspen or else to much tire spin. :doubt:

how old is she? :rolleyes: [smilie=f:

I think Stretch and I will have to pop the 5.13s in the LeBaron and come down there some weekend for that insanity...

...in about 10 years when I finally finish her.

I never noticed previously, beep... is your chicken a Strato-Vent car, or do you just have the wrong dash panel?

I think Stretch and I will have to pop the 5.13s in the LeBaron and come down there some weekend for that insanity...

...in about 10 years when I finally finish her.

I never noticed previously, beep... is your chicken a Strato-Vent car, or do you just have the wrong dash panel?

Those 5:13's would be prefect for this venue, now get busy. :D

Ya it's Strato-vent but I'm missing the ducting that leads from the box to the dash panel...you also might notice the lack of a glovebox and ashtray, those are currently sitting on my workbench.:shifty:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back