Race weekend & welcome to WALLY WORLD

greg73cuda

WHAT A DAY:clap:

Canada's oldest & richest Bracket Bonanza race went this weekend. 1st place in semi pro took home a cool 5,000 bucks & an NHRA Wally trophy .

Well boys TEAM 440 did you proud again. Ryan took CUDA to a 1st place victory along with the goods:bravo:. Ryan was killing the competition all day taking out some of the best bracket racers in the county. He's so relaxed behind the wheel the tree seems to stand still for him.

WAY TO GO SON.

greg73cuda

That's Great! Awesome job,everyone will be pumped for awhile after a race day like that

Great to hear. Sounds like Ryan has a good teacher. Do you ever try to test yourselves against each other run against run with the Cuda? Who has the upper hand?

Congrats Boys....that is way cool ! :dance: Post a pic of the Wally and Team 440 in the winners circle when you get a chance Greg. :clap:

Ron

thanks everyone. it sure was a fun day. ryan did win a wally but we did not get it in hand YET. it was being brought up into Canada with a jet car team out of the USA but they broke down in pennsylvania on route. so we have to wait a week or so,

Attachments

• BONANZA WIN.jpg
    BONANZA WIN.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 20
  • bonanza win 2.jpg
    bonanza win 2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 18
  • bonanza win 3.jpg
    bonanza win 3.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 22
mopar_man said:
He only looks mildly excited :D Congrats to both of you.
Looks to me like he want's to piss himself like an overly excited puppy!! :D Congrats to you guys!!! So what ya guys got planned for all that cash? He takin you out to the best restaurant in town or what? ;)

Dad takes the cash & pays the boy a very healthy chunk. there's alot of expense to race like this;

$250.00 enterance fee
$050.00 spectator fee (thats me)
$075.00 1st round saturday buy back
$125.00 1st round sunday buy back
$150.00 food & fuel

well that's 650.00 bucks. now lay about a dozen passes on the slicks, wear & tear on CUDA, that cash sure helps pay the expences.

So this week & i should say year has netted us some decent coin with 2 major victories & 1 second place finish so far. lets see what happens in the next 4 races for us.

greg73cuda

71duster- CUDA will run the #'s every run. I can cut as good as light as ryan every time, but the real skill comes under pressure & what to do in the last 20 feet of a race. that's where ryan kicks a$$. he can judge excactly where CUDA's on the track & where the competition is. he'll either brake, pedal (pump the throttle) or run it through, all for that important 100th to 1000th of a second. Thats whats making him one of the top drivers in the country,

greg73cuda

& thats a good thing. its like i say. " its nice to get to the end of the month & have a little money, instead of getting to the end of the money & have a little more month"

greg73cuda

Hey Greg, I am a complete novice when it comes to your level of racing so forgive my stupid questions. How come you don't have any sponsors to help pay for entrance fees/tires/etc.? Is that not allowed in your class, or is it something you guys just don't want right now? I'm just curious. :)

Dustergal. its just my choice not to advertize sponsors on CUDA. i love the stock look of the car. it sure gets alot of fan attention at the track looking the way it does.

your right, most cars have sponsers. heres a few we raced against on the weekend

greg73cuda

Attachments

• Aug6th009.jpg
    Aug6th009.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Aug6th202.jpg
    Aug6th202.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Aug5th353.jpg
    Aug5th353.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Aug5th350.jpg