Plum's 70 Satellite / Roadrunner Project

Plum6pak

Well, here goes, I'll be going back to June 2005 and posting what has been done so far, I've made a lot of mistakes and did a few things right too.
It's said that we learn from our mistakes, if that's the case, I should be the smartest person on earth. :D

1970 Plymouth Satellite, all numbers matching drive train, freshly built 383 4 bbl was already in the car when I traded for it. This came from California and has a very solid body. The trunk pan was shot as was the lower rear window channel, probably why the trunk pan was so rusted.

Shortly after getting her home July 05, I removed the fenders and began getting things ready to strip her down to the bare body. Hmm, sounds pretty sexy huh?

before1xz2.jpg

Engine bay ready for paint.

enginebayprep11rz.jpg

Engine bay painted and suspension and steering back in.

suspinstalled125rs.jpg

Frame rails installed, underneath all primered and undercoated.

undersideundercoated22eu.jpg

engineinstall007qd0.jpg

Got the engine installed, want to get it so I can fire her up once in a while so she stays nice and fresh!

500 CID Stroker, Brodix B1BS heads, MP 6Pak intake and carbs, MP siamese bore cross bolted main block, Eagle 415 crank, JE forged pistons, Brodix roller rockers, 10.17:1 comp, dyno'd 560 hp 590 fpt on pump gas.
engineinstall0062wb.jpg

Got it moveable, not driveable, can go out in the street and smokem a bit but not much more than that for now.

satellite0715062smallsx1.jpg

After removing a couple of gallons of bondo from a previous entanglement, I decided to replace the panel.

70satellitequarter011gu3.jpg

rrquarterreplace1dl2.jpg

quarterinstall2lj7.jpg

quarterinstall3ld2.jpg

Installed the super stock springs, exhaust and completed the trunk pan.

70satellite081906011as7.jpg

70satellite08220601mj0.jpg

engineprep06160686nx.jpg

Stay tuned, more to follow.

Here's a few pics of the repairs on the lower window channel, luckily the structure under this mess wasn't damaged. On the corners I ended up silver brazing then shaping and smoothing with a die grinder. One more item out of the way, only 24,992 more items to go! Should be able to drive it by my 100th birthday if all goes well.

Attachments

• RearWindowBefore1.jpg
    RearWindowBefore1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Window Channel Repair 2.jpg
    Window Channel Repair 2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 41
  • RearWindowRepair2.jpg
    RearWindowRepair2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 39
I'd love it to come out as nice as many of these forum members cars. :clap: Watching the other members progress threads is a big help to me since I'm doing a lot of things I've never done before. Being a mechanic all my life and not doing much body work makes this part of the project a real challenge. Thanks for the kind comments.

Got this little decal the other day and decided to throw it on this morning. Just lights the fire all that much more to make this a Roadrunner.

Attachments

• CoyoteDuster1.jpg
    CoyoteDuster1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 34
please tell me your not putting a vynle back on the top...its what killed the rail and trunk in the first place....damn fine work

69.5CUDA said:
please tell me your not putting a vynle back on the top...its what killed the rail and trunk in the first place....damn fine work

Uh, er, hmm, well? Actually I am going back with the black vinyl. [smilie=f: Plumcrazy with flat black 6pak hood, black vinyl top, black with silver trim interior. Thought it might look sweet that way. Anyone got any pictures of a 70 RR with that combo? I'd love to see pics of one, maybe it's not as gorgeous as it sounds? Thanks for the comments everyone. :bravo:

Matter of preference, you gotta do what you like, I ordered my 1st cuda stripe delete, colol keyed mirrors(but they came chrome, made a scene bout that) no vinal top, but I like the blackout look, even bitched about the dealer emblem they put on, not a fan of wings on the Cudas either, TA spoiler is about as much wing as I can take, but others would be go winging & window louvers till ya drop, so whatever turns your crank is how I'd go, your car, do it up your way! Rich.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back