Pic of the day.

Find yourself an old Honda CB or CL 450 from the late 60's or early 70's. The CB's had tradition mufflers and a 4 speed and the CL's used the upswept pipes and a 5 speed.
They were dependable bikes with adequate power. The only drawback was the inefficient starting system, but they usually fire with 1 or 2 kicks.

Attachments

• cb450.jpg
    cb450.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 96
  • cl450.jpg
    cl450.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 96
see the one on the left i like..and would be happy with ...the one on the right is too...scooter to me..i may have grown up around those bikes but never could stand that look...oddly enuf most of it is just the pipes but the rake "looks" like a different angle too

funny you mention CL....i was actualy looking at converting moms 1975 mr 175 ..but found something else............that needs less work and wont have a "fight" with getting it plated

that looks like some mid/late 70s vintage

what is it tho?....looks like cow green

beeper..ever heard of an allstate?...theres a pretty nice 1966 out here for sale for dirt cheep

That's the legendary Eddie Lawson on a Kawasaki superbike in the early eightys. He was AMA superbike champ in '81 and '82 on the big Kawasaki. Those bikes were beasts and it took great skill and nerves of steel to wrestle one around the track like Eddie did.

Lawson_Kawasaki_Superbike_Riverside_1982.jpg

69.5 on his new '80 Honda 500 XL. With this shot, my little digital camera rather impresses me. :)

DSC00136-1.jpg

yeah the non crop is TOTALY a better shot..the quad in the background is only noticeeable due to the clark fuel tank....i should note that is valve cover leaking onto exhaust smoke not actualy exhaust smoke..thing looks like a 2 stroke LOL

unless its got a hell of a hand brake for those EPIC powerslides......come on you know exactly where im going with that..as it was ALL of the fun with a big wheel....without it..its just another trike LOL

still i dig the hell out of it

grins evily..a "engined" green machine.......that would be deadly fun

True about the hand brake but, I imagine at speed that would get a bit spooky! :D To this day I still don't know what a Green-Machine is. :doh: (runs off to Googleland)

Ok why did I never see one as a kid?! Those Green Machines look WAY more fun than my Big Wheels!! [smilie=i:

Last edited:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back