Pic of the day.

Look! I'm an otter!

We got one of those, this one is skilled in plush toy surfing. :)

DSCN0432.jpg

outside of the guages strangly looking out of place....maybe its the cold ive been in all day......but god thats a sweetheart

Pretty enough to park in the living room. :drool:

While yes it is Beeper, unfortunately that's where it would mostly stay anyway. I had the.......unfortunate experience of working on Nortons, Triumphs and BSAs a couple of summers during the school years. The Brit bikes were like fighter jets - one hour's use required 14 hours maintenance. There's a very good reason the Japs put them out of business.

There was one customer that had a kit from a company in California that adapted the Mikuni CV carbs from a 450 DOHC Honda onto the 750 Commandos and that did make a world of difference in starting, smoothness and throttle response. However that didn't make up for the Prince of Darkness himself. While some to this day still like to call it character or personality the truth is if those folks had to use them in today's world they would be dismissed as junk within 30 minutes of trying to start one and keep it going. Nostalgia always remembers the best of times. After the first few weeks of working on them, they lost whatever magic they held for me. That said I'd love to have a '68 Bonneville or a JPS Norton....but as you said a rec room decoration. Nothing so demanding as actually trying to get from point A to point B. Unless point B was less than a bike length away.

Top Gear Black Shadow

Last edited:
As usual 6pk your insight is spot on and welcome. When gazing upon the beauty of say... a Norton engine case one can easily see why those machines instilled such a want for many a folk. Although beautifull to gaze upon, the oil leaking and electronic befuddlement drove all but the hardcore (foolish?) riders to the more hardy yet perhaps not entirely as aesthetically pleasing Asian offerings.

Yet, many of those early Jap bikes where far from ugly and still hold plenty of potential yet today . :cool:

honda-cb550.jpg

i look it over and then see the brakes...good god.....i was expecting to see drums..beautifull none the less

Lots of great pictures here since I was last on the board.

Seeing as I've not contributed anything to this for a while, here's a bunch:

These are at my parent's cabin up North. These were taken last weekend - Dad & I spent New Years up there.

(Lotsa good huntin' & fishin' up there Stretch.)

147.jpg

146.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

Critters come right up to the buildings foraging for food in the winter
154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

159.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful pics, Nodda! Love those snow-laden trees.

On a side note, when the wipers fail on that Chevy Venture, please get in touch with me for a quick, easy fix. They will fail, of that there's no doubt... they all do. The wiper-transmission splines fail and they go out of synch. You can fix it with a wrench and a paper clip in a couple of minutes. I performed this quick fix on my sister's Montana almost two years ago, still working perfectly!

Valentine's strange but beautiful green/orange/brown eyes. I've never seen eyes like this on a dog before, and only once on a human. Unfortunately, the sunlight somewhat washes out the colors.

Swine.jpg

cringe..tarp holding in moisture in the headliner roof, underside of the hood and trunk lid...all "top" things if you have a look i bet you find unreal amounts of condensation..but on the tarpless alot less....

I'll vouch for what 69.5 said. I know a guy that had a sweet '70 Caprice convert. He tarped it for the winter and by spring it had gotten to the point of mold on the canvas top. :naughty:

:doh:Yep lots of condensation outside,under the hood, so far the interior is dry. I'm giving por 15 the ultimate test,car if you followed my oddessy is coated inside & out, hood was skinned & all parts coated as were the frame rails & rocker panels, doin the best I can with the cards I'm delt! So far only uncoated nuts & bolts & some of my new parts are showing signs of rust(tie rods & such) Been like that 3 winters since the final paint, time will tell, got about 10 or 12 years out there till I might be able to retire & make the shop a garage again, by then the 74 may need it! :dgt: Rich.

cant por 15 interior cloth......thats my only worry and it will be hidden up inside of things where you cant see it

I do have the roof insulated, maybe i'll pull the dome light & make sure it's dry in there, I guess I don't really need the tarp, the cover under it is cloth(breathable)
when I pulled it last week to start it up the windows were only fogged on the outside, bone dry inside, leading me to think all is good.
Guess I could go a week early & start her up again tomorrow, check the roof under the dome, maybe set the tarp up with an air gap or just pull it completly???

either air gap it or yank it imo.....ive learned my lesson with tarps...the hard way......but you do have all new seals and stuff wich is on your side for sure but how much?

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back