PayPal e-mail scam

dodgechargerfan

In a 55 gallon drum, floating down river, and
Staff member
Watch out for this one. It's good.

If you have a PayPal account, be careful of this one.

I just got what looked like a receipt from PayPal confirming my payment for an item.
It looks pretty legit, too.

The problem is that I haven't purchased anything lately, let alone "The InStep "My Caddy" push cart" from PAYPAL DICK's Sporting at Debbie's RC World. :huh:

So, conveniently, the e-mail has a link to dispute the chargers. Of course you need to log in to your PayPal account to dispute those charges.
And that's how they get your PayPal account info and then go and rob you blind.

AS always. NEVER, EVER click on a link in an e-mail to log in to anything. Always open up your browser, type in the site address and then log in there.
If there ARE any problems with your account, it will show up when you log in.

Of course, I spotted this right away and went and checked my account and there is nothing there. But newb PayPal users may not spot it.

Oh, and forward the e-mail to spoof@paypal.com

Last edited:
Well, I guess I won't be seeing that delivery anytime soon....
*trolls for a new sucka*

That happened to me too. I got an email showing a reciept that I paid $1500.00 for an item I didn't buy. I reported it right away.
Lately I have gotten 2 emails from ebay from a member asking my full asking price for item # -------------- wanting to buy. I haven't placed any ads on ebay for months. Looked up on the item # and it isn't anything remotely what I would sell. I forwarded the emails to spam@ebay.com

I've gotten emails with fake ebay login pages. I report them, then I have fun "logging in" with silly stuff like "eatadick" for username and "yourmommasuckselephanttrunks" for the password. I do that a few times, then I get other people I know to do it. In fact, one time a bunch of you guys helped out on a link I posted from one of those emails.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back