Paint Shops

6PK BEE

I took my daughters 98 Avenger out for some estimates for a repaint today[smilie=2:
It has some bubbles starting behind the drivers rear wheel on the quarter and a small dent the size of a quarter on top of the right rear quarter
The black paint has gone flat on the top surface and is looking like crap so i thought i'd find out how much to clean it up???
1st Maaco was $1400. cdn
2nd A local shop $3799. cdn
What does it cost now a days?

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 6
Do you know how to repair the dent and the little problems around the wheel wells, then just pay for the paint job at maaco's? $3700 isn't worth forking out for a 4-banger (IMO) unless it's a necessity for it to be drivable.:huh:

6PK BEE said:
I took my daughters 98 Avenger out for some estimates for a repaint today[smilie=2:
It has some bubbles starting behind the drivers rear wheel on the quarter and a small dent the size of a quarter on top of the right rear quarter
The black paint has gone flat on the top surface and is looking like crap so i thought i'd find out how much to clean it up???
1st Maaco was $1400. cdn
2nd A local shop $3799. cdn
What does it cost now a days?[/quote]

It costs a lot. :)

The pics make the car seem pretty good, so its hard to tell what needs to be done - from a bodyshop point of view, not a customers.
In my shop, with what you described and probably more, it'd run around $3200 - $3500 for a complete base/clear job.

Maybe just shop it around for some touch up work instead of a complete?

The repairs are pretty straight forward and I will probably do them myself and just take it back later and have it painted.It's been about 8yrs since I took a car to a paint shop for work so I've been out of touch with the changes in the business.I did see a friends Cuda' after a $20,000.cdn paint job and it was breath taking :gaga:

I have a kind of buddy that has a body shop, it's not gonna be discounted, but it'll be a damn good job

im SO glad im not gonna have to worry bout the whole paint job thing... mines simple... pull the front clip off and spray the body with grey primer.... put black gelcoated front clip back on and im done.... :)

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back