• Links to external websites may be affiliate links that generate revenue. Clicking the links do not add any cost to your transcations, if you choose to purchase.

One of you guys oughta be close to this..

TheIronSausage

Two brain cells left.. rubbing together for warmth
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131976976266

ahh Fuck.. vigilink strikes again. It's a set of slanty Hooker headers, local pickup only.. Bidding is only at $103. In Wisconsin. That state can't be but so big. I'd find a way around Vigilink, but I just ran a 14 hour work day. On a Sunday. Whiskey, cigarette, then bed. Y'all are smart enough to search for that. Mmm. Cigarette. Being single has its ups.

Last edited:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131976976266

ahh Fuck.. vigilink strikes again. It's a set of slanty Hooker headers, local pickup only.. Bidding is only at $103. In Wisconsin. That state can't be but so big. I'd find a way around Vigilink, but I just ran a 14 hour work day. On a Sunday. Whiskey, cigarette, then bed. Y'all are smart enough to search for that. Mmm. Cigarette. Being single has its ups.

Ill look at the settings and see if I can turn that splash page off, but there is a link in the bottom right that lets you click through to the eBay page.

Eyeballing it in Google, it's about 130 miles away, nearly straight down the road. I looked to see if Michicot was near a store within our chain, so I could wrangle free shipping to me, but it's a bit of a drive for the guy to drop them off. I have a ton of family in Green Bay, but I'm not close enough to any of them to ask the favor of going to get 'em.

If he doesn't need 'em gone instantly, Stretch and I might be making a road trip in the coming weeks to drop an engine block or two down near Milwaukee ("Actually, it's pronounced 'mill-e-wah-que' which is Algonquin for 'the good land.'" --Alice Cooper, Wayne's World) and we could maybe flop off I43 quick-like and pick them up. I can't promise how quickly, though--I need to make arrangements as well as pull an engine.

I'll see how expensive they get.. I was thinking more for you local guys with slants if they managed to stay cheap. I need money more than I need more parts at the moment, but you never know.

I expect them to go much higher than I'd be willing to pay. From what I've read, headers aren't exactly a great value on the Slant for a couple of reasons. First, the engine really can't use them, even with porting. Second, with the heat stove gone, fuel distribution becomes an even-larger issue. The heat in the intake actually helps vaporize the fuel better. Cylinders 1 and 6 are a long haul from the carb and puddling is a problem with no heat stove.

Oh yeah, That's partially why I haven't bid. Most of my driving is local and short trips. I wouldn't really have the car up to any kind of temp to avoid the puddling. Also I've made a list of everything I own, and the order I'd sell it, The Valiant's just under the top of the list. I wouldn't sell it with any speed parts on it because they're so damned expensive for early A's or slants. I'd even consider putting the original drum/axle combo back under it to keep my new bushings, torsion bars and discs. That sucks, because early A's are so cheap to buy. There's three near me now on craigslist that are under $1000, not totally rotten, and would probably drive home with an hour's work. Selling mine with the upgrades wouldn't net me anything appreciable over a stock four door Valiant, and I'd be out the goodies for the next one. They're also stupid cheap to own, so long as you're cool with a one barrel slant, 9" drum brakes, tiny ball joints, and possibly 13" wheels. Try to upgrade anything though, and you might as well bend over and lube up. Dutra duals (just the exhaust manifolds) run $600-700 before any pipes or mufflers are made or bought, Super six setups are about the same if complete. Full big bolt pattern disc brake swaps, including rear end can run over $1000. Kelsey Hayes SBP disc setups average $400. Oh, and lord help you if you want to buy all the v8 swap stuff. Jeebus, just sell your first born... Little shit never did the dishes anyway. If I bought the headers, it'd be because they stayed under $150, and there's an 85% chance it'd be to flip them on the slant forum, or the A body forum.. Only if one of you guys was actually cool with grabbing them, thanks for offering.. Even at 68's discounted "friends and family rate". Honestly though, I wouldn't ask anybody to drive 4 hours round trip so I could make a buck.. That'd only be if I was going to use them, and somebody happened to be nearby.

ad this is the reason i still sit on my clifford 4brl and webber/datsun modified manifold...even tho i will NEVER own another leaning tower...cause no ones talked me out of them

It would take a lot more than a few speed parts to wake up my 170ci slanty. :(

had a 225 with both the dotty mod manifold a dot carb a webber 32/36dgav....with the right gears in a 68 fish it wasnt bad..the clifford 4brl woke it up..as did the 4spd od...but it still wasnt a 273

Among heavy-duty Slant guys, word on the street is the 170/198 block is actually the one to use. It's not like the 225 has a bigger bore, and there's a bunch of excess piston height and rod length in there.

Yep.. People turbo the shit out of the 170s.. Although, there was a '67 Cuda notchback at the drag strip over the summer with a 225 running a dumptruck turbo that pulled down consistent 9.20s all day.

funny enuf forced was going to be my next step had i kept it...i was working out how to put a buick v6 blower onto it....still have said blower sitting on my welder

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back