Nice 65 Dodge crewcab

Uh - not so much.

The first half of the '60s demonstrated that Mopar too could build some truly ugly vehicles. (With a couple exceptions - 64 plymouths & dodges come to mind....)

I like that!

My brother-in-law has a '61 Power Wagon short box that he's looking to put a Cummins in. The truck is so ugly it's cool. :)

i have and always will LOVE that face..so much so i bought that face for my ramp truck..i WISH i could get my hands on the "egg crate" chrome grill or the standard chrome..but atleast i have the stamped steel

That is a nice truck...but $300K for it....not sure?

Yeah, I wanted one of these since I first heard about them.
But $300K seems like a lot more than the sum of the parts.
Certainly, labour and craftsmanship deserves to get paid, but if they are building a business around these things, they need to spread that initial development cost across the first handful of units.
Maybe they are, and $300k is still the number that came up. If so, their market will be limited.

It would be nice to see them develop DIY kits and parts based on their R&D. That would open up their market in a big way.

There is a company doing high dollar resto-mods that went that route, too. They did a lot of MOPAR cars to start.
SV or something like that. I have some emails from them. I got a quote to do the Charger. I couldn't afford it, but some of the parts they have developed are within range.

*Spits out coffee* $300k?! Holy crap. Badass truck and that particular one was loved accordingly to the detail it got, but I'd still want to go pickup firewood, pavers, tow everything and use the hell out of it. Man o man...

*Spits out coffee* $300k?! Holy crap. Badass truck and that particular one was loved accordingly to the detail it got, but I'd still want to go pickup firewood, pavers, tow everything and use the hell out of it. Man o man...

I know. Right?

Now, your firewood has to be top notch and triple the cost.
Pavers will have to be Byzantine marble.
You could only tow half million dollar camper trailers.

I mean, you can't use a $300k truck for "regular" stuff. Right?

:D

Well, he's only selling the one, and it's overpriced by about a quarter of a million dollars. He obviously doesn't know much about the truck (really? You're injecting methanol into the exhaust?) and made the mistake of letting Gale Bank$ touch it--half the power, twice the price. There is simply not enough effort involved to make something that spartan stay that spartan to warrant any kind of "craftsmanship" premium. He used all the factory electronics & wiring; the factory gauges are the tip-off that little was attempted to do any custom work whatsoever from that standpoint. The interior should be like a Bentley for that money, but it's just as crappy as it was in '65. The "special glass"? TrimBrite makes $29/roll tint that looks identical. Where again is all the money? I can't see it. Future collector value? Nil.

What I see is two used trucks "kitbashed" together with nice paint & wheels, and apparently $250,000 worth of CNC-machined knobs and tailgate latches.

Yeah I'd really like to know where he came up with that price. I certainly don't see it. Still like the truck though.

Wow! That's a shit ton of cash for that. I think it's cool as hell but it's far from that kind of money.

I'm guessing he came up with that figure by adding the cost of the two trucks together then paying himself $250.00hr to assemble it.

as much as i love and lust after these i will ALWAYS have that "v" pillar between the door sets

I'm not crazy about that pillar either, but a little creative use of black paint in that area would go a long way... black it out similar to the way the side windows appear on a '97-'01 Ram. It would minimize the visual impact of the pillar big-time.

At the end of the day, it's still a four door....

This is one thing that keeps baffling my cranium, when it's a truck with 4 doors you're all gaga, but if a car has 4 doors you're, "It's just a parts car" :huh:

Depends on the truck, 3/4, 1 ton and bigger definitely have to have 4 doors, and due to my experiences with my '03 all must be 4wd. 1/2 ton and smaller, standard cab, except the Dakotas, they must be club cabs, standard cab isn't big enough and the quad cab is just wrong, oh and 2wd. I'm not buying a 1/2 ton truck to haul anything but ass.

And I agree Doc, there is nothing about that truck to make it worth more than a comparably equipped new truck, and since it's used depreciation must be a factor :D

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back