new mig welder

papadodge

Hi all, say i was going to buy a new mig welder ,it is a hobart handler 140 with reg's and all 5-3-1 warranty which i thought was good,$459.us dollars i read several ratings and they are supposed to be great little welders.But this will be my first stab at it. anybody have one?or used this brand? intent is autobody and light welding supposed to weld 24G-1/4inch.thanks papa-d

No experience with those particular ones.... I use a little Mig pack 15 and it works well for the light stuff I do. :)
You will enjoy it, regardless! :)

I think Hobart is made by Miller, I have heard nothing but good things about Hobart mig welders. Solid core wire, a bottle of 75/25 and you're off and running.

little welders pack a hell of a punch..ive got a comprable craftsman(technicaly a lincoln excepts for the cosmetics)...get yourself a bulk set of tips , swap out the tiny spool in it for the "BIG" spool of wire lincoln has an adapter and then enjoy....the lil 1lb spools add up realy fast and the 5? or is it 10? lb spools are a hell of alot cheeper if you can run em

well it's a done deal bought the bottle filled with 75-25 gas,out the door taxes included $725.cdn and he will give me 1 11lb roll of 023 wire for $15.I think he said there about 35-40 retail. so new floor pan going in on the drivers side today.papa-d

i need to get a welder.... i gotta get a car to weld on too.... :doh: :shifty:

yeah the 10lb sppls average 30-40$ ...what ive generaly found the need to do is goto lowes and homedepot see who has it cheeper then goto the more expensive of the 2 and have em do there price match +5%...useualy get me a roll for uder 30$......seems most of the local welding shops sell the rolls for 50+

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back