New Here too

pbtim

Hi guys. I been looking around forums for a while and finally decided to join this one. I hate forums with know-it-all dumb folks. I live in Kutztown, PA and own a 1973 Dodge Dart Swinger. I found it by accident when i was lost in Bethlehem. Paid $1100 for it 103,000 mi. 225/6. Drove it for 2 mos. and totaled a 2003 Town and Country minivan, I i drove my car away. ( i still say i did him a favor). Now it is being repaired and i am currently building a 360/727 combo for it. What do you say for color? I think Sublime w/ black vinyl. Anyway look forward to posting more.

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 18
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Welcome. Hope the car is done soon, Got pics of it? We have a few here rebuilding their cars too. Ther's a section for it if you wanna let us in on the rebuild:dance:

Hey! Good to see yah, I think you will find there are a few members around your area. Enjoy, feel free to jump in at will. :)

Yeah i had a hard time trying to get my pics small enough to fit. Only 800x800

Welcome, a new guy that shares pics!:dance:

...we've got a '76 Swinger that has a '73 front and a '70 rear...it confuses a lot of Mopar guys. :D We wanted it kind of low key so we painted it Spinnaker White with a black bumblebee.

I was also thinking of a black bumble bee stripe, wrong year or not, i think they look good.

Well theoretically there should be a before pic before i wrecked it, but the after is getting there. the light has to be centered and the whole car needs to be painted but it is SLOWLY coming together.

I have one of those too, the motor died and got pulled but its pretty much all there. Try whacking my town and country and you will lose, its a 73 and is the biggest longest heaviest car on the place. Dump the slanty and get something exiting under the hood and you will be cool. I dunno about puke green though- Im hoping to squirt B5 back on mine but its more than likely getting bondo bucket white. Welcome to what we refer to as home sweet home for the criminally insane.:giggedy:

Yeah, no '73 is built like a unibody crumple-zone '03 though. I am sure i would lose to that beast. If that green is mixed right it looks good, but i have seen alot of way too dark and way too light green colors that tried to match the original color but they look terrible.

xlr8r said:
Hey! I want to fondle your member. Enjoy? feel free to jump me at will. :)
Ok no touching the members members....
Welcome PB, XL is correct about local ( or semi local) folks, I'm just outside of Easton. *scurrys off to find new guy pics*:)

I am originally from that area. The rest of my family lives in Pen Argyl, which is where i store my Dart for the winter :)

pbtim said:
Yeah, no '73 is built like a unibody crumple-zone '03 though. I am sure i would lose to that beast. If that green is mixed right it looks good, but i have seen alot of way too dark and way too light green colors that tried to match the original color but they look terrible.
The only one Ive ever liked was a friends 71 GTX and it sticks in my head that it was called jungle green but Im about half drunk right now.:dgt:

If it is an original color, then i have no problem with it, i am saying when people try to match Sublime with some random color they THINK is close and call it is Sublime. THEN it looks like crap

10-4 but its kinda like the green dots when you are online here and it makes me wanna talk to ralph.

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back