New here, but not other places

Jim_Lusk

Hello, just heard about this place. A lot of you may have seen my name one place or another. I've been doing the Mopar thing since the late 70s. I'm big into big block a-body conversions, but I also own a 68 GTS convertible (340/AT). Both of my sons have big block a-bodies.

Yeah, but I'm a little lazy tonight. Check them out at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/gtsjim

My wife and I bought the GTS in Jan 1983. My oldest son has a 67 Barracuda with a 383/4sp that we've autocrossed. It's actually an old IHRA drag car that we turned back into a street car. My younger son has a 67 Dart GT convertible with a 440/18-spline four speed/Barracuda dash/etc.

Thanks. Right now I am following up on a rumored 67 Barracuda convert and hopefully by the end of the year I will be in the market for a 41-earlier Mopar coupe/convert/roadster body for my 325 hemi.

[smilie=e: Hmmmmm...."[i]Big-Block Jim[/i]".....has a nice ring to it. [smilie=c:

Jim_Lusk said:
I will be in the market for a 41-earlier Mopar coupe/convert/roadster body for my 325 hemi.

3 1/4 HEMI ... i like the sounds of that what is your hemi out of?

i think i have seen you somewhere [smilie=e:

The hemi heads are 57 castings and the block I have is a 58 that originally had poly heads. I don't know which Dodge that came from.

And, yeah, I've been to bigblockdart once or twice. :D

Maybe. The only info I could find on the head casting number was 57 D-500. But the guy that did the valve job thought they might have been industrial heads because the exhaust seats seem to be hardened. All I know is that it'll be fun in an old hot rod.

I have a 331 in a boat. Im not sure what a 325 goes in,mabeye a Desoto? [smilie=e: Welcome. [smilie=a: [smilie=a: we like beer.

actually the D500 casting number the heads would be off of a 1956 Dodge 315 HEMI

unless the casting number was KD500 then it would be a 1957 325 HEMI Dodge [smilie=e:

the dodge industrials numbers would either be 18, 18A, 52, 53,54 56A1

Actually I just found another site that contradicted what I had read before, but is consistent with what I was told about the seats. Looks like they are 315 Industrial. In any case they are on my 58 325 block with my dual four Offenhauser intake waiting for a project.

Its too bad those things are so heavy and only have 7.2 to 1 compression, this one here has 2 one barrels and is rated at 200 horse.

These were actually rated around 9:1. The early ones were real low compression. The Dodges seem to have a fairly small combustion chamber, too. I'm not looking to build a FAST rod, I'd go big block for that.

Well that might not run too bad then. Mine is a 54 and according to info from thehemi.com not that powerful. So how hard is it to do the poly hemi swap? A friend has a 58 1/2 ton with a 270 and a locked up hemi and was wondering. [smilie=e:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back