New(er) Truck purchase

firefighter3931

Well my old trusty GMC pickup had been giving me fits lately so i decided to upgrade. It went through a mastercylinder, radiator, serpentine belt, idler pulley and finally a fuel pump all in the span of about 1 week. Talk about the wheels falling off the wagon all at once ! :bwuhaha:

The fuel pump was the final straw when it left me stranded in the middle of an ice storm :mad:

So, i found a new daily driver that should make everyone happy....96 Ram Sport 1500 with 85,000 miles on the clock. Very nice and rust free with lots of new parts recently installed. This will make a nice tow vehicle for the Charger when the time comes to go to shows and far away race venues. I like the color combo as well....matches the Charger which is going triple black with a red stripe. Just got back from a parts run and she ran great. :banana:

Ron

Attachments

• ram2.JPG
    ram2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 37
  • ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 15
So... you broke down and bought a real truck. :D

Very nice! :clap: What's the engine and rear gear?

Best looking trucks out there IMO.... I love mine.:cool:

Chico10.JPG
attachment.php

LOOOOOKing GOOOOOOOOD, MANG!!!

Thanks guys;

XL, yep it's the 5.2 magnum....pretty peppy !

Beeper, Ya, i finally had to take the plunge. I've been admiring your Rammy for awhile and had to follow suit ! :banana: It's got a 3.55 sg and the 46re tranny. I'm thinking about a transgo kit and a nice big stacked plate cooler to keep the trans happy for towing duty. When the exhaust goes i'll do a little upgrade with a high flow cat and some nice cat back upgrades as well. It has a Midas OEM style exhaust on it now. It does seem a little hard on fuel...what kinda mileage you getting with yours Beep ?

DCF, thanks for the Kudos :dance:

Ron

firefighter3931 said:
It does seem a little hard on fuel...what kinda mileage you getting with yours Beep ?

Ron

I'm afraid to check it for fear of actually knowing...[smilie=f: :D

Gas milage is usually enough to get to the next station, well if there within bladder limits, fill the truck empty the bladder!
I'm guessing around 12-14 local & maybe 20-25 on the open road, drops off like a brick in cold weather, beats my 360 van buy a lot, pushing vapors around 450 miles on a 36gal tank on the road! Van is loaded, pick up usually empty! Rich.

Get that cat off there and let er breathe. Mine went from 8 to 18 and picked up some suds too. A crossover pipe between them where the cat used to reside and the O2 sensor installed in the crossover made a huge difference over just gutting it. Hits the rev limiter like right now and if you really baby it, its 20 plus empty. They should all run like that, mines a 95 long box 2wd.:dance:

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back