New Arcade

dodgechargerfan

In a 55 gallon drum, floating down river, and
Staff member
Okey dokey, then.

I've installed a new arcade.

The old arcade? What's the definition of insanity, again? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Yeah, well, that got old... finally.

So, this new arcade is up and running.

THE LAYOUT IS DIFFERENT.
This layout was actually an option in the old arcade to make IT look like THIS.

I've still got some work to do to sort out permissions for the "Playas" and the regular folks, but for now, it's a free-for-all.

I have some work to do to get more games up and running, but I now have over 500 games PLUS I have a way to get "fed" more on a regular basis.

So, have fun.
Let me know what you think about what you see so far.
if there's a game missing, wait. It'll be back.

Oh yeah... old scores? See the definition of insanity above.

K, things are up and running with the basic games. Tetris, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Snake and Chopper

There's one extra in there called 30 Seconds that will likely not let you save the score.
I left it there so I can work on it. When I get that one sorted out, the rest of the added games (that are hidden right now) should be cake.

Keg me. I'm gonna need it.
All this stuff worked in the test environment - which is an exact copy of this.... Yes, there is an alternate universe that includes Moparnuts. [smilie=2:

still having that no post of score issue eh?..well ill attack the hell out of the arcade and give you some feedback when i get home from victoria cause the net and this lappy sucks to much to even think about it

Which game?

The 30 seconds one will do that.
The basic ones mentioned above should work...

and thanks for digging in to it.

K, got some more working.
I see the pattern of which games work and which don't. I just need to figure out why.

While I'm doing that, I'll add some more games...

Played some games last night...no problems that I could see. Guess the ads are to help "pay" for things? I can live with them if they are.;)

Well, yes and no to the "pay" part.

Really, the ads are there to allow us access to more games.
Once I sort out the other problem, there will be more of the games that we used to have - which, in some cases, had ads too.

There is a small kickback for the games with the 10-second ads at the front, but that wasn't the reason I got them. I got them because the other games weren't working and I had a small success with this new platform that I wanted to keep pushing to find more ways to get games ..... and determine why the other games weren't working. If nothing else, I've been able to determine that it's only those other games that are a problem at this point. Why? Still working on it, but at least with this new platform, I have some real support behind the product.

FIXED!

All game types work now.

I'll work to add back in all the game we know and love. plus many, many more.

Thanks!

It got to the point where I need to figure it out whether anyone ever played a game again or not!
I was just pissed at it all.

What's interesting is that the thing that caused the problem wasn't a problem until the big upgrade to the board.
Still not exactly sure why, but we lost nothing with the adjustment that I had to make.

Nope it was even "stupider"....
There was two lines of code in an unrelated file that were needed for the old software.
Those two lines broke the score saving for the games.
What made it impossible to track down is that nothing else broke.
Even more confusing is how a different type of game in the new arcade platform worked but our usual type would not.
It took someone that knew what the arcade should be doing at that precise moment to recognize that it wasn't. Then, to start asking the right questions.
Once the questions were posed, I started getting a good idea of what was going on and tracked down the two lines of code that I actually thought were already gone.
So the bad news is that we could have kept the old arcade going if I could have sorted this out.
The truth is that I wouldn't have found it without the help from the folks that wrote this new arcade platform.
I was so impressed with them that I ponied up a few bucks to "up" my membership level.
Not much but the help that I got with this - right away - was worth 10 times as much in reducing the level of frustration.

whats up with the score posting?..do i need to register with something else?..i ran thru a few games and kinda got confused with it...maybe i was just tired

glad you got it sorted...so what if the old scores are gone..me and cow will restore the scores

SiteLock

SiteLock
Back